It’s still easier than at Bama right?...

LibertyTurns

Banned
I work with Auburn engineers, Bama engineers.

There’s still an aura about Tech. I’m the GT guy. Have always been referred to that way.
At my company the GT grads do not go thru the 2 year development program to “get ready” to contribute. Damn amazing what we’ve got to do with these other school’s grads unless they’ve specifically interned with us for 3 years and have a head start.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Well they have landed some pretty good players who claim engineering and academics are important to them. Time will tell if they stick to it...but if it’s easier at Tech than Bama GT should never again lose any such players to uga right?

Not certain about the institute either honestly. What you say may be true today but may be far different in twenty years. Tech legacies with 4.0s aren’t getting in. They need somewhere to go in state. Other schools including uga are going to grow their engineering schools.

Tech is also focusing more and more on research as time goes by and less on producing practical engineers for the workforce than they did 20 years ago. If that creates a vacuum in the workplace, well you know what nature abhors.
I'm hopimg our new Pres returns us to being focused on undergrad development instead of the MIT light approach of Peterson