Is this season a repeat of last year?

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
Still a long way to go but the results so far are eerily similar:
1. Comfortable win against an FCS team
2. Upset a top 25 team that ends up not actually being very good (UNC in 2021 and Pitt this year)
3. Close win against Duke
4. Sims gets hurt and the season falls apart

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Still gotta take as much into account as possible. One huge difference from last year is the defense is far better. We are forcing more turnovers, which has alluded us far too frequently

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Defense looked good against a bad UVa team.
It didn't look so hot against a good Ole Miss team.
It was OK against a Duke team that is better than what anybody thought it would be.

Fortunately, our last test against a decent offense, in the conference, will probably be UNC. They're good.
Va Tech is hot garbage on O, Miami has taken a huge stop back - especially if Van Dyke is out - and FSU ... who knows what they're capable of. I don't think they know.

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
2. Upset a top 25 team that ends up not actually being very good (UNC in 2021 and Pitt this year)
also add that Tech was 3-3 at the halfway point. Then last year Tech went on a 6 game losing binge.

Let's hope we don't repeat that part and get a win at SW Va State.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yes, it’s the same, Did you see our performance last Thursday? At home with the first buzz of life around the program in 4 years on national TV and that game caused football fans throughout the country to rip their eyeballs out. UVA is horribly coached and have taken a huge step backwards. GT‘s offense would get the ball sprint to the line, run 3 plays in 27 seconds and then punt. It was a major step back and lost us any momentum from winning 2 in a row. The FSU game won’t be fun. And, I know “but Sims was hurt”. If we are going to fold every time our QB gets hurt then we better get ready for even more 3 win seasons. I still can’t understand how we went into a game in late October with a backup QB who looked that bad. That is all on coaching. So, we have 85 players on scholarship and the entire thing crumbles with 1 player going down. Thats just horrible program management.

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
Main thing your forgeting no collins

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm feeling good about Saturday. Time for a Cinderella story. Defense continues to improve. Special teams comes together. Backup quarterback comes in and has the game of his life. Tech wins the turnover margin. Has fewer penalties. And looks good overall.

The game against UVa was a team that let down against an opponent Tech was supposed to beat. This week, Tech comes in with an attitude and gets the upset.

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
Main thing your forgeting no collins
Even without Collins the results look to be eerily similar. Maybe Key will surprise us but we have not looked good on offense even since he took over. Defense improved due to Collins leaving but Key is getting too much hype. Hope I’m wrong but I see this playing out very similar to last year. 3-9 or 4-8 and probably a couple more blowouts in store. We won’t beat any of the remaining teams if the offense plays like they did against UVA even before Sims got hurt.