• Yes

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • No

Votes: 31 70.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
Dwyer got the first down to end the game. Tough running on that play.

He also scored a TD earlier in the game.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Dwyerdonut2_zps2c9041e0.jpg

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
You talk a lot about people having agendas DCS but I think you need to get over a couple of your hang-ups as well. You keep bringing up hackneyed memes taking jabs at former Tech players like Dwyer.

He shouldn't have taken to Twitter to criticize the Tech program or coaches. Nor should he have fudged over what set him back in the draft and early on in his pro career (although that is more just human nature to be defensive than a shot at Tech or CPJ). You did the same in defense of Tevin against all the Vad swooners. I am on your side in the motives since your knee-jerk reaction is to be defensive of the current coaching staff or Tech more generally. I especially agreed with doggedly defending Tevin. I loved that kid. He gave his all in college and deserves to be remembered fondly by Tech fans. I love the "easy to root for" players like Tevin or currently a Synjyn or even a Shamire. God bless them all.

But Dwyer as well is still a Tech letter winner. He clearly does value having played and attended Tech or he wouldn't come back to visit for spring games and such. Sure he can "take the heat" of criticism, but so can CPJ and so can any mature adult w/o regard to their profession or salary. I definitely hope Dwyer completes his degree at Tech (I don't recall his having done so yet?) and continues to look kindly on the school and program going forward.

The direction you grind an ax is preferable to most cranks who really slag on Tech but it is still being cranky Cheese. At least it seems like you haven't been the one bringing up Vad as much lately. Others have been the culprits on that old story.

P.S. I am confident you (DCS) can see the positive things I am saying about your postings in this one of mine as well as the criticism so as to take it in the intended spirit. It took me years to finally decide to comment on any Tech fan site and often I never bothered to post because you (DCS) were already making the arguments against Tech program and CPJ bashers that I wanted to make anyway. My brother and I would discuss your posts as a voice of reason on the Tech forums. This was especially true on the one site I almost started to post on before this one that started off as a fun radio program.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Dwyer got the first down to end the game. Tough running on that play.

He also scored a TD earlier in the game.
I believe it was Stephan Taylor who scored the TD early in.the game. I may have missed Dwyers.. But.i dont.think so. He was stuffed at the line on a 2 pt conversion from the wildcat. But redeemed himself on a long 1st down run to seal the deal.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
I believe it was Stephan Taylor who scored the TD early in.the game. I may have missed Dwyers.. But.i dont.think so. He was stuffed at the line on a 2 pt conversion from the wildcat. But redeemed himself on a long 1st down run to seal the deal.
You are right, I got confused.

Aanderson1839

Georgia Tech Fan
The parts of the game I watched there was not much running room for any of the backs. Dwyer averaged 2.9 on 7 carries. He made a nice catch on a ball thrown behind him and was hit immediately. Nothing remarkable.

Taylor had 1 carry but 3 catches, 1 for the TD.

Dwyer was the most explosive back we have had at GT since Choice was here and he was as good as Choice. I loved watching him run and pull for him!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
You talk a lot about people having agendas DCS but I think you need to get over a couple of your hang-ups as well. You keep bringing up hackneyed memes taking jabs at former Tech players like Dwyer.

He shouldn't have taken to Twitter to criticize the Tech program or coaches. Nor should he have fudged over what set him back in the draft and early on in his pro career (although that is more just human nature to be defensive than a shot at Tech or CPJ). You did the same in defense of Tevin against all the Vad swooners. I am on your side in the motives since your knee-jerk reaction is to be defensive of the current coaching staff or Tech more generally. I especially agreed with doggedly defending Tevin. I loved that kid. He gave his all in college and deserves to be remembered fondly by Tech fans. I love the "easy to root for" players like Tevin or currently a Synjyn or even a Shamire. God bless them all.

But Dwyer as well is still a Tech letter winner. He clearly does value having played and attended Tech or he wouldn't come back to visit for spring games and such. Sure he can "take the heat" of criticism, but so can CPJ and so can any mature adult w/o regard to their profession or salary. I definitely hope Dwyer completes his degree at Tech (I don't recall his having done so yet?) and continues to look kindly on the school and program going forward.

The direction you grind an ax is preferable to most cranks who really slag on Tech but it is still being cranky Cheese. At least it seems like you haven't been the one bringing up Vad as much lately. Others have been the culprits on that old story.

P.S. I am confident you (DCS) can see the positive things I am saying about your postings in this one of mine as well as the criticism so as to take it in the intended spirit. It took me years to finally decide to comment on any Tech fan site and often I never bothered to post because you (DCS) were already making the arguments against Tech program and CPJ bashers that I wanted to make anyway. My brother and I would discuss your posts as a voice of reason on the Tech forums. This was especially true on the one site I almost started to post on before this one that started off as a fun radio program.
You are right, of course.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
You are right, of course.
Cool. I am not so much interested in being right as I meant it in real "online friendship." I have followed your posts for years on Tech sites and seriously mean it when I say you are an especially valuable voice of reason on certain sites. Knowing you would come on and argue with some idiocy allowed me to go about my business and not spend my own time arguing and posting online. :) Your tireless defense of Tevin is a great example. I especially appreciated that!