• No

Votes: 31 70.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
From Rotoworld
Jonathan Dwyer - RB - ARZ - Aug. 24 - 11:03 pm et
Jonathan Dwyer played firmly ahead of Stepfan Taylor in Sunday's preseason game against the Bengals.
Dwyer got three first-team reps in this one, while Andre Ellington got 26 and Taylor got zero. We'd expect Dwyer's snap count to rise a bit in the regular season, as the undersized Ellington is a poor bet to hold up in his current workhorse role. We already know Dwyer is going to get a few third-down reps and the majority of short-yardage work. He has 14 carries for 25 yards and one goal-line plunge TD through three preseason games. Aug. 24 - 11:03 pm et

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pl...news.asp?sport=NFL&id=5709&line=292941&spln=1

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
They dont have alot of competition at RB for THIS season. They are 1 injury away from REALLY needing him to carry the load. Rashard Mendenhall is on the down slide and the rookie has no experience. I think Dwyer will come in handy for them against those stout Ds they face out west.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
My take on Dwyer is that he is good enough to play pro ball but he has shot himself in the foot a few times. He lacks top end speed and he does not have particularly good vision for a pro running back. If all he had done in his career in the pros was work on these deficits and try to compensate for them by getting stronger in other areas, I think we would have seen several high light films of him by now in the pros. Instead he has battled weight, not worked hard in the off season and done things that suggest a less than perfect commitment to the team. So far at least he feels like he has wasted his time in the pros. I am not dumping on him; I liked him at Tech and wish him the best in the pros but he is running out of time.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I watched the game last night hoping to see him do well. The announcers did talk about how he didnt shy away from punishment and liked to run over tacklers.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>IF Ellington can&#39;t go, Jonathan Dwyer is up first. Way more explosive than Stepfan Taylor. Taylor better catching the ball, short-yardage.</p>&mdash; Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) <a href="">September 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Got a nice little catch out of the backfield for the 2nd play of the game. He looks like he's lost weight