is it time Auburn & Tech renew their rivalry

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
The Auburn alums I know would like to renew the series, too. It was another great tradition destroyed by conference expansion and the proliferation of cupcake OOC schedules. I always thought there was more tradition playing Auburn than playing South Carolina, which was also usually a good game.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Gene Chizik once vetoed idea of Auburn scheduling Georgia Tech

"Fortunately I could do something about this because at one point they threw across my desk, 'let's play Georgia Tech,'" Chizik said. "I said, no, no, no. We don't want to play Georgia Tech. Completely different offense. You talk to any coach out there they do not want to play the Georgia Techs of the world."

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Gene Chizik once vetoed idea of Auburn scheduling Georgia Tech

"Fortunately I could do something about this because at one point they threw across my desk, 'let's play Georgia Tech,'" Chizik said. "I said, no, no, no. We don't want to play Georgia Tech. Completely different offense. You talk to any coach out there they do not want to play the Georgia Techs of the world."
Wait, there's more than one? Actually, the factories schedule the Academies all the time.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Sure that isn't you doing that?
What's the saying, a picture is worth....?

spittingtobaccoUGA.gif

02ce325fb51ee95c1dce27fe03a9b2626cfe557bc7236bc9819825a433626056.jpg

15_florida_fan_who_really_likes_tebow.png

Last edited:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
To the original point....hell yeah we should play Aubie again. So much tradition playing them has been lost recently. Too bad.

To the pictures above...LULZ

poodleface

Jolly Good Fellow
I'd love it if Auburn was scheduled during the years GT doesn't play Notre Dame. There's too much history in that rivalry to not schedule a home and home at least once a decade.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Win the ACC 4 times in 6 years, pack Grant Field with rabid GT fans every game, then - and only then - start regularly scheduling additional OOC games with nearby SEC teams.

Start up Auburn/Alabama/Tennessee series before we can attract more of our own fans, and then we will be able to show recruits a stadium full or fans - opponent's fans. Sure the GTAA will get some more ticket $ales but as a recruiting tool I think it would suck. Who would want to play for a school that has 3 or 4 home games each year where 30%+ of the fans at the game belong to the opponent? (an empty stadium sucks too, admittedly)

I want to play better than MTSU/Elon/W Carolina/Alabama A&M. But I think that we need to schedule bigger schools that have to travel further than a short drive, so it is like the Miami game. BYU was a fairly well attended game too.

Regardless of anything we schedule, GT has to have the horses to be competitive. Otherwise the our fan's tickets will still be dumped on Stubhub.

This

looks much better than this:

RamblinWreck27

Georgia Tech Fan
I'd Much rather play Auburn 4 times than Tulane. Wouldn't hurt to load up the schedule especially since SOS is whats gonna keep teams like Marshall and BYU out of the playoffs.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
I can't think of one reason why we shouldn't play Auburn. It would bring excitement back into the fan base (at least ours) and be good for the ACC.