Is Collins nasty enough to be a HC ?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
You want kids that absolutely hate to lose at anything . They have that buring desire to win. Some can be prodded to perform with different methods but ultimately it comes from within. Coaches can help them with improving their skills and motivating them to improve but that desire to win is an intangible.
Coaches job is to put the players in the best position to win, its the players that have to want it.

CoolHandluq

Georgia Tech Fan
outscored Lou 39-6 after going down 21-7 that shows the fight in this team. Like i have said in other post there is talent, just not across the board and alot of the talent is young. This is definitely a learning year but if you were told GT would be 2-2 through 4 at the beginning of the season everyone would have approved.

LibertyTurns

Banned
No. Because next week when Clemson does what Clemson is going to do, and our freshmen make freshmen mistakes, their depth wears Tech down to the core, there will be folks ready to fire GC, DP, and TS again. Just wait on it.
Nobody’s calling for CGC to be fired because we get beat by Clemp. Geez.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Nobody’s calling for CGC to be fired because we get beat by Clemp. Geez.
You say that now, but I guarantee you there will be multiple people questioning the staffs coaching ability after the Clemson game. Some of them will probably go to the extreme and say Collins and Co. are not the answer. Hence, why I said ready to fire them. My comment was also lighthearted in intent. It wasn’t nearly as serious as you took it.

LibertyTurns

Banned
You say that now, but I guarantee you there will be multiple people questioning the staffs coaching ability after the Clemson game. Some of them will probably go to the extreme and say Collins and Co. are not the answer. Hence, why I said ready to fire them. My comment was also lighthearted in intent. It wasn’t nearly as serious as you took it.
Ok, took your post the wrong way. We
lost one we shouldn’t, won one we shouldn’t. We’re back to even for the season! P’nut continues to hit above his weight. Thacker ????? I like that dude but WTF this year??? Glad he pitched a good 2nd half. Was beginning to wonder

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
I like that! Earlier in the thread I said I didn't like catch phrases unless they were backed up. But I wouldn't consider "Get Big" a catchphrase but more of a coaching tool. When you coach said that you knew what it meant. To get big same make a stop. It was practical. Yelling "404" or "Money Down" doesn't really have a good practical meaning. It if money down is meant to motivate you to play well just to get money, I believe that is a selfish mentality instead of a team mentality. You need a rally cry not a selfish motivator. I'd rather them say "swarm" or something because that implies that everyone work together for a common goal.
You are WAY overthinking this. They can say “kitten” if it gets the players attention and focuses them. It doesn’t have to mean anything to anyone but them.