Is Collins nasty enough to be a HC ?

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Is Dabo mean enough to be a head coach? I remember when people were calling him a clown.
I remember when Bobby Ross was 5-17 in his first two years. Was he qualified to be a head coach?

It amazes me how many people on this board don't have a clue. They don't understand that talent and experience matter. They just throw out "poor coaching" and don't even know what that means. As Urban Meyer said, college football starts and ends with recruiting. A large number of posters think coaches should be able to take any group and turn them into a top 10 team if the coaching is good enough. That's absolutely ridiculous.

Our recruiting sucked for a long time. That is the hand Collins was dealt. 8 new starters on D last year, and we lost Adams. We are still very young on D. The OL isn't nearly where it needs to be, and won't be until the current FR are third year players. We are staring a true FR QB--for better or worse, and probably worse the last two games.

Someone posted about all 4 stars we have. How many are on the OL, DT, DE, LB, TE, WR? OK Clayton is a five star DE, but he is rusty and maybe still hurt.

I'm not happy about 15 penalties and that is not acceptable. The kicking game is not acceptable, but again, Collins didn't inherit a great kicker.

A lot of the complaints about coaching are people who are just venting and I get that. But there is a whole lot of stupidity being exhibited on this board.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Oh please not this. I am ok with legitimate criticism or discussions about strategies but when we get into discussions about personalities, Myers-Briggs types or zodiac signs then people are just venting about losses. Look at Saban or Dabo (aka the clown to some). Do their personalities matter to Bama or Clemson fans? Not really. All this discussion is sleight of hand to say we are unhappy with the loss imo.
I actually had second thoughts after I posted it. Thought maybe it would be yanked by the mods. When I got back home it was drawing some responses. You can close it down if it went too far.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I don't know about nasty, but I think the word weird comes to mind. Did we break a Tech record for penalties today?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
You want this? View attachment 9105

I promise it’s not sweet at practice or meetings
Ok...it also went to three ACC championship games, won one, and won an orange bowl. Quite frankly I don’t care if kids get yelled at for screwing up. Maybe more kids need some of that in their lives. Don’t beat someone up for every mistake, but if you’re constantly not listening and/or making the same mistake over and over then sometimes this helps get through. It will likely show up at some point in their professional career, so get used to it.

Do you mean it’s currently not sweet at practice and meetings or that the above picture wasn’t?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Now back to the question. I don’t think it matters. Despite my previous post, results come in different ways. I don’t care about chewing people out. But I do care about stupidity. Going for two was stupid. So chalk another one up in that column. Fortunately (I guess) it didn’t matter again, because we couldn’t keep it close enough to matter.

I also care about discipline...of which we have little to none. We constantly aren’t lined up and ready when the ball is snapped and we commit far too many penalties. Systematic problem going on here that needs to be addressed

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Ok...it also went to three ACC championship games, won one, and won an orange bowl. Quite frankly I don’t care if kids get yelled at for screwing up. Maybe more kids need some of that in their lives. Don’t beat someone up for every mistake, but if you’re constantly not listening and/or making the same mistake over and over then sometimes this helps get through. It will likely show up at some point in their professional career, so get used to it.

Do you mean it’s currently not sweet at practice and meetings or that the above picture wasn’t?

**eyeroll***

Do we really brag about being 6-6 in the ACCCG? I guess that’s for another day.

Just the assumption that are being that CGC is not tough or scructured.

He’s really tough on the players or coaches. Bc you don’t see it on camera doesn’t it’s not happening

wasn’t some just talking about CGC getting in Thacker asa on the sideline last week?

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Now back to the question. I don’t think it matters. Despite my previous post, results come in different ways. I don’t care about chewing people out. But I do care about stupidity. Going for two was stupid. So chalk another one up in that column. Fortunately (I guess) it didn’t matter again, because we couldn’t keep it close enough to matter.

I also care about discipline...of which we have little to none. We constantly aren’t lined up and ready when the ball is snapped and we commit far too many penalties. Systematic problem going on here that needs to be addressed
At times last year it looked like the team/staff was just playing for next year. Well next year is NOW and today they looked like this year didn't count - because it doesn't use a year of eligibility ??

Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. So pull your qb mid series of the play click expires before the snap?

I'm glad you've never coached a kid anywhere.
That play was not the fault of the players on the field, and therefore not Sims' fault. If you were watching, the coaches on the sideline were still debating what to do with less than 20 seconds left on the clock. By the time the play was finally given to the players, there were only 10 seconds left on the clock.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
**eyeroll***

Do we really brag about being 6-6 in the ACCCG? I guess that’s for another day.

Just the assumption that are being that CGC is not tough or scructured.

He’s really tough on the players or coaches. Bc you don’t see it on camera doesn’t it’s not happening

wasn’t some just talking about CGC getting in Thacker asa on the sideline last week?
Sure, eye roll. I guess we should brag about it just as much as we should brag about going 9-3 and then losing to Wake Forest 9-6. Let’s just stop hammering a regime that accomplished something literally no other staff had since 1990. When they were rolling they had something going for sure. And maybe the hard *** mentality helped.

I hope he is tough. Don’t care if it’s on camera. But I also don’t want to turn the ball over 4 times per game and commit penalties at will and then hear about how hard the team played and how wonderful everything is. At some point you should publicly acknowledge mistakes or you look stupid.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Sure, eye roll. I guess we should brag about it just as much as we should brag about going 9-3 and then losing to Wake Forest 9-6. Let’s just stop hammering a regime that accomplished something literally no other staff had since 1990. When they were rolling they had something going for sure. And maybe the hard *** mentality helped.

I hope he is tough. Don’t care if it’s on camera. But I also don’t want to turn the ball over 4 times per game and commit penalties at will and then hear about how hard the team played and how wonderful everything is. At some point you should publicly acknowledge mistakes or you look stupid.

Nobody brings up the old regime except those looking for a “Ah Ha!” Moment

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
You want this? View attachment 9105

I promise it’s not sweet at practice or meetings

Paul did not do that all the time, in fact it was extreme. Embry Peeples became one of his favorites at A back because he was willing to block. I wonder what Peoples ( or was it Peeples) did to warrant this outburst. I seem to recall he was not carrying the ball so it must have been a blown assignment of some sort. I think he got his attention.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Bro I have allot of respect for you both your knowledge of the game and what you did during your playing time here, but you literally posted a picture of the old coach, nobody had brought him up lol.

Im guessing missed everything in the chats and other threads

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I don’t hate Thacker. My vote isn’t in on him yet. I want to see more.
I don't hate , either coordinator, I said to make CGC better He would need better coordinators . I hope Thacker works out but your looking a few years down the road. I don't hate the offensive coordinator but still,trying to figure him out.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I actually had second thoughts after I posted it. Thought maybe it would be yanked by the mods. When I got back home it was drawing some responses. You can close it down if it went too far.

Look, we do not shut down threads unless they specifically violate sight rules. Your did not as far as I am concerned. I don't lke comparisons of personalities (CPJ was a curmedgeon, CGC is too much of a player's coach, etc., Dabo is a clown, etc.) because I think at the end of the day, none of this really matters. What does matter is the W's and L's. So carry on. Just because i don't like something doesn't mean you can't post it.