Is Coach Hardy the forgotten man?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
We know he has deep Midwest ties but I wonder if Lammers improvement is somewhat unfairly always credited to Reveno? I don't know what CTH's assignment is on staff (he coached wings and posts at G'town) but he was an 1100 point scorer in the B10 as a PF.

I'm bored....wanna talk about something new.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
We know he has deep Midwest ties but I wonder if Lammers improvement is somewhat unfairly always credited to Reveno? I don't know what CTH's assignment is on staff (he coached wings and posts at G'town) but he was an 1100 point scorer in the B10 as a PF.

I'm bored....wanna complain about something new.

Fixed.

I think he's forgotten w.r.t. the recruiting trail ... maybe ... I guess ... I mean, if you wanna whine -er- talk about something different.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Oh! We never talk about TH. New subject matter

Mmhmm, yeah. I'll be waiting for the LaBarrie thread. Anyways, here's a nice pat on the top o' the head from FSU's Charlton Young.

http://georgiatech.blog.ajc.com/201...fsus-atlanta-recruiter-sizes-up-georgia-tech/

“Darryl LaBarrie is one of the finest young assistants in the country,” Young said. “Very well-rounded, very knowledgeable, works really hard. The state of Georgia and Atlanta, they love him. Josh Pastner is a recruiting machine. He has been a recruiting machine since birth. Georgia Tech is going to be a factor from a recruiting standpoint.”

We comin' fo' ya, Charlton.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Mmhmm, yeah. I'll be waiting for the LaBarrie thread. Anyways, here's a nice pat on the top o' the head from FSU's Charlton Young.

http://georgiatech.blog.ajc.com/201...fsus-atlanta-recruiter-sizes-up-georgia-tech/

We comin' fo' ya, Charlton.

Oh! You're talking to the boss!

IMG_1162.JPG

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FWIW, I believe Hardy has responsibility for the wings - so you can give him credit for Okogie.
He's also responsible for recruiting the prep school so Haywood is one of his.

BeeRBee

Jolly Good Fellow
I think it was on his last radio show that Pastner talked about playing against an unnamed team with a hard cutting offense a couple of years ago, and being so impressed he studied it and decided he wanted to run it. It kind of sounded like he couldn't figure out how to change at Memphis, but the job change offered the opportunity.

It would make sense that an assistant with Hardy's experience would be valuable if that's what you wanted to do.

In general I've liked the optics of the GT timeouts, where it looks like all of the assistants talk to Pastner before he goes to address the team. It looks like a collaborative process.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think it was on his last radio show that Pastner talked about playing against an unnamed team with a hard cutting offense a couple of years ago, and being so impressed he studied it and decided he wanted to run it. It kind of sounded like he couldn't figure out how to change at Memphis, but the job change offered the opportunity.

It would make sense that an assistant with Hardy's experience would be valuable if that's what you wanted to do.

In general I've liked the optics of the GT timeouts, where it looks like all of the assistants talk to Pastner before he goes to address the team. It looks like a collaborative process.
the beauty of this offense is teams get so worried about the cuts they clog the lane and it opens up outside shots. This is why we need shooters in a bad way.