Is anyone else in the same, or similar, boat?

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I bought season tickets for me and my wife for a few years toward the end of CPJ’s career. I stopped buying season tickets in 2019 because my wife lost interest. She’s not really interested in football and cooking under the noon sun at BDS is not her idea of a good time. She’s often up for GT basketball but it’s hard to get her to go to a football game anymore. Anyway, I would consider buying season tickets again but I literally don’t know anyone else who is a Tech fan that lives in my area, which is only an hour north of Atlanta. I’ve been to a couple of games by myself but it’s not much fun.

Does anyone else feel like the only man on the island? Any ideas on how to meet up with other Tech fans?
Crime, traffic and losing equals lost interest

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Still love the team but attending games in person is a hard sell for me at this point. I only really attend night games at this point, where a Publix sub and couple of beers on the 5th St bridge/Tech Green/old campus before the game is an appealing experience. Drinking, coating yourself in sunscreen, and roasting in the sun from 10-4 or 1-7 just doesn't intrigue me anymore and costs me my Saturday evening. Inside the stadium, I usually cut beer at some point and hit a sleepy period mid/end-of-game.

That counters pretty strongly with MBB/WBB where I try to spend as much time in McCamish as possible. Door-to-door it's a 3 hour commitment, the atmospheres are better/louder, and you are practically sitting on top of the action from every seat in the arena. Only thing that sucks is I ebike 20-25mins to all the games and it gets awfully frigid when the new year rolls around but nothing that can't be solved with hat/gloves/scarf/coat/sweater/long underwear.