Iron Sharpens Iron (position competition)

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
It feels as though there is competition at multiple positions during this camp. Even if the depth chart is fairly set at a position, there is talent behind many starters that won't stop pushing throughout the season, thus ensuring starters can't rest on their laurels.

QB: while TM is certainly QB1, LJ and TO have talent to push him all year. JG is apparently athletic enough to get on the field somewhere, and still may return to QB. TM's edge is quickness/elusiveness and experience. He'll have to fend them off.

BB: I'm sure JH is giving KB all the competition he can. These two could form a dynamic duo for the next two seasons.

WR: After BS's steadiness/experience/blocking savvy, all other WRs are unknown quantities. While JC certainly has a leg up, it appears that other WRs were pushing for that WR3 spot (albeit until injuries hit).

LB: already read about BJS and Curry pushing each other for the other ILB spot.

Stinger: I think Charlie Thomas is going to push JJ all year.

DBs: lots of young, athletic, rangy guys with little experience. Who can be steadiest with assignments?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Stone sharpens steel better than steel does. Just sayin :D

Hopefully we have enough depth and talent for all of our guys to push one another to excellence. We will see soon enough.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Stone sharpens steel better than steel does. Just sayin :D

Hopefully we have enough depth and talent for all of our guys to push one another to excellence. We will see soon enough.
Stone sharpens steel, however, when a knife or sword is sharp, a steel will hone that edge to razor sharp. So, while stone sharpens steel, steel will further sharpen already sharp steel!

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Stone sharpens steel, however, when a knife or sword is sharp, a steel will hone that edge to razor sharp. So, while stone sharpens steel, steel will further sharpen already sharp steel!
I think the greater concern is how the materials are used. Iron or steel or stone can just as easily blunt a metal blade as sharpen it.