Invesco qqq GT commercial

LibertyTurns

Banned
Well, that’s your take and hopefully most others also take it that way. I don’t. It just looks silly since we are struggling on the football field and our football IQ appears questionable. I’m sure this will make you feel dirty but imagine you’re a mutt fan watching that commercial.
The average mutt fan’s biggest investment is another set of truck tires. Invesco is way over their heads.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Well, that’s your take and hopefully most others also take it that way. I don’t. It just looks silly since we are struggling on the football field and our football IQ appears questionable. I’m sure this will make you feel dirty but imagine you’re a mutt fan watching that commercial.
I don’t give a damn what the average mutt fan thinks about that commercial, because any one of my cats could out-think them.

The point of that ad was to look smart, in comparison to a “smart” football program. Would you really rather they chose (u)GA as an example of a “smart” program (Kirby notwithstanding) rather than GT?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I don’t give a damn what the average mutt fan thinks about that commercial, because any one of my cats could out-think them.

The point of that ad was to look smart, in comparison to a “smart” football program. Would you really rather they chose (u)GA as an example of a “smart” program (Kirby notwithstanding) rather than GT?
The commercial is a whiff for me. You received it in the way the marketing department intended. That’s great. I hope everyone else does too. We are an ugly 3-3. If we were doing well and looking smart on the field then it would be a different story.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
The commercial is a whiff for me. You received it in the way the marketing department intended. That’s great. I hope everyone else does too. We are an ugly 3-3. If we were doing well and looking smart on the field then it would be a different story.
Yeah. You win. it would have been a lot cooler—and done a lot more for our recruiting—if (u)GA was in that ad, looking like the “smart” program in the state…

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Yeah. You win. it would have been a lot cooler—and done a lot more for our recruiting—if (u)GA was in that ad, looking like the “smart” program in the state…
Yay, I win. Listen, a small child could understand the point they were trying to make. There was nothing clever to unwind. Regardless, I’m not sure that commercial makes much sense to a non-Tech fan in our current state or in our State. See what I did there?

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
C’mon guys. The only thing that really matters about the commercial is what uniform we are wearing
Damn, I got distracted. Please, oh God please, tell me it was not navy blue…;)

(Thanks for lightening the mood…too much rye tonight, I think…)

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I honestly don’t know wtf is wrong with some of yall? Over the years of being on these forums i think I‘ve come to hate a certain type of GT fan just as much as our rivals probably do

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Its basically a rehash of the "no but I did stay at a holiday Inn express last night" commercials from back in the day. Yawn.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I promise you 50% of College football fans don’t care even enough about Tech to know we ditched the option, they aren’t looking for silver linings for this commercial lol

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I promise you 50% of College football fans don’t care even enough about Tech to know we ditched the option, they aren’t looking for silver linings for this commercial lol
Unfortunately this is true. When the expansion talk was in full swing this summer, the guys who make $ec shorts were interviewed about other teams joining and Ga Tech was mentioned. They brushed us off with 2 insults....a) they already have a smart school in vandy and b) there was no place for an old fashioned high school offense in the $ec.