Interesting Turnover Stats

GoodBuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
This is what gets me about the guys who only look at W-L to assess the program. I guess they think that if we just find the right coach we'd become Alabama.

A corollary of this problem which your post highlights is that when we have good years, we win close games, often because we were successful on 4th down conversions in key drives. Whinging about failing to convert a 4th down, whether a fake punt or not, often ignores this point.

For us to be successful, we need to not turn the ball over and play more aggressively than most.

Couldn't agree more. You almost need to post Gtech50's post and this one on top of every thread that gets started regarding the state of the program.

So many times it comes down to a play or two difference between a win or a loss. Then when it's time to argue, all wins and losses are counted the same.

It's ironic how short "message board memory" can be, especially when it's all right there to search and find. Selective laziness when it's fits the posters point.

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
UNC game, not counting BBack fumbles:

TO stopped 3 times out of 8
TM stopped 1 time out of 2

With bback fumbles
4 out of 8
2 out of 3
That 3/8 is including TOs fumble and the end of half 4th down attempt (both of which were fixable mistakes)...iow we should have scored 7 out of 8 times under TO without turnovers

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
2 forth down stops and his fumble.... no punts for TO. To be fair the BBack fumble would have been a yard short if no fumble (requiring a 4th down conversion).

TQM was stopped twice in one drive... the first was defensive holding .... perhaps TQM would have made the completion without the holding.

I would agree 7 or 6 out of 8 for sure(since the bback did not make the 1st down marker on 3rd down).