• The Acc loses FSU, Clemson, UNC and UVA

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • The ACC dies and GT ends up in the Big12

Votes: 46 39.0%
  • The ACC dies and GT ends up in the Big10

Votes: 84 71.2%
  • The ACC dies and GT ends up in the SEC

Votes: 63 53.4%
  • The ACC dies and GT ends up in a lesser conference such as the AAC, Sunbelt, etc.

Votes: 24 20.3%

• Total voters

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
4 years will give time for the legal fights to take their course...... not wanting to turn this into a long discourse.....
I hear ya. I was just joking that even 4 years was too long of a time point. I do think within 4 years FSU is out of ACC. I’m not convinced anyone else will be too but I’d bet by Christmas 2027, we know landing zone for 4-6 ACC schools that is outside ACC (in addition to FSU).

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I believe in 5 years we will know that GT, UNC, Miami will be in or will be headed to the BIG 10 and possibly added to that could be UVA and Pittsburgh. I see Clemson and FSU in the Big 12 and NCST and VT in the SEC. Those are the only two that would be available to the SEC that bring new money. SEC already has GA, SC and FL. They could use NC and VA. People need to understand that going to the big 10 is much, much more financially lucrative because of the AAU money, that is where the big money comes from. I found it very interesting when the PAC 12 was collapsing and Utah made the statement that what really hurt not being able to go to the Big 10 was much more because of AAU revenue than FB revenue. Utah is an AAU school. All of this along with GT being in a top 10 media mkt is why I feel it is where we end up. Yep, it's all about the money, always has been and will continue to be. If you don't believe that get out here and try to be successful without the money. It is why I think our school Pres got behind the GT FB program, he wants the AAU money that comes with joining the Big10. There is another reason which I'm not allowed to put on here if I understand the Swarm police correctly :)

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I imagine few will agree with this, but if the only conference Tech could get into was a G-5, I would be in favor of going back to being an independent.
Honest question here. Have you ever tried to map out available schedule dates with opponents that also have available schedule dates? It’s extremely difficult. Now imagine you have no media deal and you don’t fill up your stadium so your revenue isn’t steady and decent. Now add in that you also have a lot of athletic association debt. How do you overcome those massive, massive challenges to being independent?

I think it’s not realistic to even think of it as a viable option at this point.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I just don’t see SC and Florida wanting Clemson and FSU, but they may get outvoted. Lot of SEC schools recruit Florida, so that may be a no also. Don’t see NC and VA politicians allowing those two schools to leave by themselves.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Honest question here. Have you ever tried to map out available schedule dates with opponents that also have available schedule dates? It’s extremely difficult. Now imagine you have no media deal and you don’t fill up your stadium so your revenue isn’t steady and decent. Now add in that you also have a lot of athletic association debt. How do you overcome those massive, massive challenges to being independent?

I think it’s not realistic to even think of it as a viable option at this point.
And, what Tech discovered over time, a lot of athletes want to compete in a conference.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I’m pessimistic about the ACC ever being a prestigious football conference, especially if it loses members. The B1G is the only conference that makes sense to me for Tech at this point.

Obviously I could be wrong.

I had high hopes for the ACC but a lot of damage has been done to the conference at this point. The SEC just gives me the creeps right now, especially the stories I hear about the uga program from a professor friend. Maybe the SEC could clean its act up but the all out pursuit of money at this point has made them morally bankrupt.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Would you guys really stop buying tickets? I wouldn't - unless the games become unpalatable and awful to attend. So I voted for every option...I don't see a scenario where I quit going.
Agree but this is the hard core fan base. What would your vote be, or anyone else’s for that matter, to insure both the integrity of the program and that the larger fan base stays interested or grows?

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
If the ACC dies, which I'm saying it won't, I'd prefer the SEC over the B10. We have history and old rivalries that can be restored, plus for the most part geography is a whole lot better. We really don't have a whole lot of past history with the B10, but landing anywhere that is not s step down would be OK for me ...

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I am curious as tp what my fellow fans' interest will be in a post realignment world.
As much as I’d like to see some of the big 10 teams here in ATL overall I’d rather us (all GT teams) not have to travel as far as would be required. Plus, I’d like to play the Sec again on a regular basis, Tn, Au, etc.

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't buy season tickets at the moment, we live too far away for that sort of activity with HS activities all the time. But maybe when we become empty nesters.

That said, I would do it regardless of how realignment shakes out. I look forward to it, in fact.

And if it is Sunbelt or AAC - well then Tulane, Memphis, ULM, USM, Troy, UAB - these are drivable on a Saturday. I'd do this now.

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't buy season tickets at the moment, we live too far away for that sort of activity with HS activities all the time. But maybe when we become empty nesters.

That said, I would do it regardless of how realignment shakes out. I look forward to it, in fact.

And if it is Sunbelt or AAC - well then Tulane, Memphis, ULM, USM, Troy, UAB - these are drivable on a Saturday. I'd do this now.
That is awesome. It appears the majority of the Swarmers are not exactly excited at the prospects of playing in what is now known as G5 conferences. I too fall in that camp. No interest in attending GT versus Louisiana Lafayette as a conference game. I am glad there are some that will support but I truly believe if we end up in one of those conferences we might as well drop football and become a member of the Big East.

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Would you guys really stop buying tickets? I wouldn't - unless the games become unpalatable and awful to attend. So I voted for every option...I don't see a scenario where I quit going.
As a self-admitted “casual” fan prior to this year, I wouldn’t stop going to games but the prestige and competition certainly factors in. For example, would I really spend $60/pop on homecoming if it’s against App State instead of North Carolina? Would I consider GT vs. a middling team an important game if we’re competing for a Sun Belt championship instead of an ACC championship? Probably not.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
OK, so what do we have if the CFB world moves to two or three 20-team premier conferences?

Does sEcSPN have enough $$$ to increase all contracts by an equal amount per team for those last few marginal teams? I’d suspect not and we’d likely see differential payouts.

If that’s true, would the payout given to GA Tech surpass the current ACC contract? Maybe, but perhaps not by much.

Would the payout per team increase significantly for existing top SECheat/B1G teams? Perhaps not, and if not, why would they vote for expansion?

If it all went through, and the B1G swallowed up GT, UNC, Pitt, Syracuse, Dook, UVA, VPI, and Miami, how would that likely change our schedule from what it is today? You likely have a third division playing mostly the same games as before.