Injury report for Duke

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
@stevewisemanNC: Duke will be without defensive linemen Dezmond Johnson and Jamal Wallace for Georgia Tech. Shaq Powell questionable.

Two huge losses for Duke...Dezmond is a Senior starter for them and the most experienced DL they have.

Jamal Wallace is also a RS SR but he plays DT...started off season second string but he's been a starter lately I believe.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
The one thing I hate about football is that after the countless hours of grueling work a college player puts in, an injury can keep them out of those precious games. You have to feel for those players... but for some reason this report didn't bother me at all :)

Actually I wish they had all their players on the field to enjoy the whipping we will hopefully put on them.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I don't want to suggest anything out of human experience, but I'd be - shall we say? - a trifle skeptical about this report. I mean, football coaches at all levels have been known to lie through their teeth about who can play and who can't. I expect to see both DT starters out there this Saturday after a miraculous, miraculous, I say, recovery around today.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Pretty certain...if they are out on the injury report you can count them out for this weekend.

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't want to suggest anything out of human experience, but I'd be - shall we say? - a trifle skeptical about this report. I mean, football coaches at all levels have been known to lie through their teeth about who can play and who can't. I expect to see both DT starters out there this Saturday after a miraculous, miraculous, I say, recovery around today.

If anything it's the opposite. The coach is vastly more likely to list people as available who aren't than say someone who plans to play is unavailable.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
If anything it's the opposite. The coach is vastly more likely to list people as available who aren't than say someone who plans to play is unavailable.
That makes sense was just checking to see if it is a rule or just generally accepted practice?

Dave.S

Jolly Good Fellow
Pretty certain...if they are out on the injury report you can count them out for this weekend.
CPJ mentioned on his radio show last week that there is a coaches agreement in the ACC that if you list them as out on Thursday then they should not be permitted to play. I don't believe this is enforced by league officials however.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
more worried about our D vs their O than anything....but clearly now this makes our job on O a tad easier.

Since I feel like we will have to outscore *everyone* we play, or control the game with our offense as we did with Miami, this news pleases me greatly. Laskey may get another 29 carries against Duke, with Days getting 15 or so.

:)