Injuries? Devine?

NorthGaJacket15

Jolly Good Fellow
Hey guys, do we know if we had any significant injuries Thursday night? I didn't see why Devine went out just heard them talking about it later. Is he going to miss time?

Thanks!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Devine sprained something in his ankle area and it was iced during halftime according to the ESPN announcers. He went back in, was ineffective I think and came out for the rest of the game. No knock on him, the ankle was probably so bad he couldn't push off right.

Anyway we desperately need him for Da U. One thing that surprised me was seeing him sitting on the end of the bench with his foot on the ground. It should have been iced and elevated at least to his heart level to reduce the pressure in it. I know because I have screwed up my feet and ankles a lot. Elevation is necessary along with anti-inflammatory medicine.

How long will he be out?? Depends on exactly what was sprained. High ankles can take weeks and lower ankles less than a week. And depends on how bad the sprain was. All I know is we need him.

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
He went back in I think the next drive. Got called for the phantom holding and immediately came out and I didn't see him back in. The holding call was complete BS. It was on Mills's long run. He engaged the tackle and as they started to disengage both players fell. The quick view I saw, was he did not have and hold of a jersey at all. I could be wrong. They showed a couple of views of him sitting by himself on the bench. I hope he is alright and ready to go cause, we need him in the worst way.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
He went back in I think the next drive. Got called for the phantom holding and immediately came out and I didn't see him back in. The holding call was complete BS. It was on Mills's long run. He engaged the tackle and as they started to disengage both players fell. The quick view I saw, was he did not have and hold of a jersey at all. I could be wrong. They showed a couple of views of him sitting by himself on the bench. I hope he is alright and ready to go cause, we need him in the worst way.

On one of Clemson's long runs up the middle, I saw their center basically wrap his arms around KCH and take him to the ground. Seriously, didn't even try to block KCH, just bear hugged him to the ground as the RB went right by them. How do you not call such an obvious infraction?

LibertyTurns

Banned
On one of Clemson's long runs up the middle, I saw their center basically wrap his arms around KCH and take him to the ground. Seriously, didn't even try to block KCH, just bear hugged him to the ground as the RB went right by them. How do you not call such an obvious infraction?
That's what's so damn frustrating being a GT fan. On one of their drives Watson needed a big holding from their OT to spring to the outside and convert a 3rd down. He's tackled way behind the LOS if not for the holding or pursuit catches up and drops him for no gain/small loss of yards. Instead he gets 10 yes n the play & the chains move. Right in front of the Ref and practically no way the Ref doesn't see that as it was the only part of the play directly in front of him. 2 others were in position to see it. It was a fracking wrap arms around the waist holding call not some BS judgment "on this down I'm going t0 throw a flag call because I want to be part of the game too" call. CPJ also needs to get steamed about the DL holding our OL. If you ask me that tactic is more responsible for the degradation in our offense than anything else, including the blocking whiffs. Our offense relies on OL neutralizing multiple defenders each play and good defenses are daring the Refs to throw a flag for a DL holding an OL. So basically they're getting away with reducing our OL's effectiveness by about 50%.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
What part of the game was this, I'll try and post a vid? One of our posters said Shamire grabbed his ankles after he fell to the ground.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
On Holding
Agree but
Holding you describe is legal.
Unless the player is breaking way - making a play to get by the blocker it wont be called.
Our defense lines up directly in front of the offense. Not in gap. 100% of timec one the snap and for every dl On snap we make contact directly centered on blocker . . In theory we are supposed to be stronger and grab him and see which way play is being run to then using our arms go into the play gap. In fact however against talented teams the ol is grabbing our guy and holding him centered up and not allowing separation. We will not get holding calls.
Once we find it is a pass we are totally screwed = fans see "daxx dl not getting pass rush".
The Clemson qb had clean pocket till 4 yet his accuracy was terrible. Clemson only threw safe out routes and when they did through on inside cut it was wide open.

We should try some (not jerry glanville crazy ) gap , slant rushes or twists.
The miami Qb seems to have much better accuracy.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
What part of the game was this, I'll try and post a vid? One of our posters said Shamire grabbed his ankles after he fell to the ground.

It looked like on the replay on the video board that as Shamire was falling, he got a piece of the guy and tripped him up. Might have been an accident but if not, he probably didn't need to. Worst, it called back our best run of the night.