In your opinion, what are the top five games ever played at BDS/Grant/Hyundai Field?

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
1956 UT-GT. That 6-0 UT win cost us an MNC. Dodd later said this was his best team. GT finished AP #4.

1962 UA-GT. That dramatic 7-6 GT win kept Bama from an MNC.

1966 UT-GT. That 6-3 GT win propelled Tech to a 9-1 regular season and an Orange Bowl loss to Steve Spurrier’s UF. GT finished AP #8.

1976 ND-GT. This 23-14 win over #11 Irish by a struggling GT team was accomplished w/o attempting a forward pass.

1991 CU-GT. This 21-19 GT win featured 2 goal line stands and propelled GT to an undefeated MNC season. GT finished UPI #1/AP #2.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
1956 UT-GT. That 6-0 UT win cost us an MNC. Dodd later said this was his best team. GT finished AP #4.

1962 UA-GT. That dramatic 7-6 GT win kept Bama from an MNC.

1966 UT-GT. That 6-3 GT win propelled Tech to a 9-1 regular season and an Orange Bowl loss to Steve Spurrier’s UF. GT finished AP #8.

1976 ND-GT. This 23-14 win over #11 Irish by a struggling GT team was accomplished w/o attempting a forward pass.

1991 CU-GT. This 21-19 GT win featured 2 goal line stands and propelled GT to an undefeated MNC season. GT finished UPI #1/AP #2.
That’s gotta be the 1990 CU-GT game

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Here’s mine
1. 1999 Georgia (absolutely bananas game)
2. 1916 Cumblerland (self explanatory)
3. 1962 Alabama (knocked off #1)
4. 2015 Florida State (also self explanatory)
5. 2023 UNC (great football game)
In no particular order:
1962 Tech upsets #1 Alabama Dodd called this his greatest game.
1916 Cumberland 200 plus points is impressive against air
2015 The Miracle on Techwood
1966 Tech's upset win against #8 Tennessee
1990 Tech's win over Clemson with two goal line stands was the catalyst to a shared national championship.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Lots of good one already. I’m going to post one that we actually lost because I thought it was one of the highest energy games I’ve ever attended.

2006 Notre Dame - It was a GREAT defensive slugfest game and we should have won. There was a BS personal foul called on Tech just before half that allowed ND to score a TD instead of kick a field goal. Brady Quinn got lit up INBOUNDS while scrambling towards the sideline (I believe it was Phillip Wheeler). Terrible call. I’m not sure we win even without the call, but it sure didn’t help. Not sure how you have Calvin on a team and score 10 points…ugh

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
Lots of good one already. I’m going to post one that we actually lost because I thought it was one of the highest energy games I’ve ever attended.

2006 Notre Dame - It was a GREAT defensive slugfest game and we should have won. There was a BS personal foul called on Tech just before half that allowed ND to score a TD instead of kick a field goal. Brady Quinn got lit up INBOUNDS while scrambling towards the sideline (I believe it was Phillip Wheeler). Terrible call. I’m not sure we win even without the call, but it sure didn’t help. Not sure how you have Calvin on a team and score 10 points…ugh
Crowd was like 56K too…

slugboy

Staff member
The FSU game in 2008 was a beauty, with the Rashad Reid fumble recovery to seal the game.

2011 against Clemson might have been where “Clemsoning” became a word. It had a textbook death march. Classic Tevin Washington game

2003: Tech upsets Auburn 17, who was supposed to be a contender

2001: defense! Against Maryland

1999: Jasper Thanks!

There are more, going back to the 80’s for me

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
The FSU game in 2008 was a beauty, with the Rashad Reid fumble recovery to seal the game.

2011 against Clemson might have been where “Clemsoning” became a word. It had a textbook death march. Classic Tevin Washington game

I think you mean 2006 Maryland. We lost 2001 when Joe Burns ran out of bounds to stop the clock

TooTall

Helluva Engineer

I forgot how much of a "take them out behind the woodshed" game that was vs Clempson in 2011. The back to back interception sequence was amazing.

GSOJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
This one saved our season and National Championship.
Nov 15, 1952 vs. Alabama. I believe this may have been the first nationally televised college (regular season?) football game. Alabama was ahead 3-0 in the second half, first down on our 5 yard line and an opportunity to basically put the game away. Jackie Rudolph, all of 160 lbs, saved the game on fourth down:The $125,000 Tackle (November 15, 1952)
Georgia Tech 7, No. 12 Alabama 3. In the most exciting game, at that time, in Tech annals, Jackie Rudolph’s “$125,000 tackle” of Bobby Marlow helped preserve the victory, earned Tech a Sugar Bowl bid (and the $125,000 payout) but also preserved the Jackets’ 12-0 season and the Institute’s third national title.
Dean Griffin (Dean of Students) had a blown up picture of Rudolph's tackle (turning Marlow upside down on about the 2 yard line) that spanned an entire wall of his office.