In your opinion: place in proper order of importance.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
So fellow GT fans how would you rate these attributes ideally in your opinion in order of importance 1 being most important and then 7 being least important of the 7?

1. Expectations for excellence
2. Coaches
3. Recruits
4. Facilities
5. Financial Resources
6. Positive Attitude
7. Mindset of "WE" instead of "ME"

Then rate them again from your perspective in the order GT has them in currently.

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
1. Financial Resources
2. Facilities
3. Coaches
4. Recruits
5. Mindset of "WE" instead of "ME"
6. Positive Attitude
7. Expectations for excellence

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
So fellow GT fans how would you rate these attributes ideally in your opinion in order of importance 1 being most important and then 7 being least important of the 7?

1. Expectations for excellence
2. Coaches
3. Recruits
4. Facilities
5. Financial Resources
6. Positive Attitude
7. Mindset of "WE" instead of "ME"

Then rate them again from your perspective in the order GT has them in currently.

What I'd like to see:
Expectations for excellence
Financial Resources
Coaches
Recruits
Facilities
Mindset of WE
Positive attitude

How I think it is:
Everything else is tied after that and is mostly considered irrelevant.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Expectations for excellence cannot be part of the list. You can expect anything you want, but if you don’t have the infrastructure to meet expectations, then who the hell cares? Moreover, the financial resources cannot be divorced from coaching and facilities, which cannot be divorced from recruiting. These aren’t silos. They’re all related.

This would be like me saying I have expectations of living in a 10,000 square foot mansion but having a job as a drive through operator and I only want to work 9:00-5:00. That would suggest that you don’t have expectations of the mansion.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Go to Cameron indoor for a duke BB game and tell me why facilities rank that high. I ask my Iron Duke buddies all the time why they don't build a new arena. They are all against it. Of course they have created a mystic about it, so one could say that their crappy facility is important. UNC is considering building a new BB facility for some reason. That one escapes me.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
What I'd like to see:
Financial Resources
Coaches
Recruits
Facilities
Mindset of WE
Positive attitude

How I think it is:
Everything else is tied after that and is mostly considered irrelevant.

"What you would like to see" is 100% correct.

Starting with number one. Need a road map to get where you want to go.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Expectations for excellence cannot be part of the list. You can expect anything you want, but if you don’t have the infrastructure to meet expectations, then who the hell cares? Moreover, the financial resources cannot be divorced from coaching and facilities, which cannot be divorced from recruiting. These aren’t silos. They’re all related.

This would be like me saying I have expectations of living in a 10,000 square foot mansion but having a job as a drive through operator and I only want to work 9:00-5:00. That would suggest that you don’t have expectations of the mansion.

This. The real question is this: If we want to have expectations of excellence in our football program, then what things are required to ensure success?

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I know what Vince Lombardi, Robert Neyland , and Bear Bryant would say:
1) Mindset of We instead of Me
2) Everything else is inconsequential because they would flow naturally from #1

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer

A goal is a goal only if it's achievable.

Go4Tech

Jolly Good Fellow
@ sideways: Absolutely!

@ augustabuzz: Can only say that when I started my business, it was a very good thing to be too darn dumb to known that I could not succeed.
How often have you heard a Business person say "Had I known what I do now, may not have started it......".

Other than Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

THWG!

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer

@ augustabuzz: Can only say that when I started my business, it was a very good thing to be too darn dumb to known that I could not succeed.
How often have you heard a Business person say "Had I known what I do now, may not have started it......".

THWG!
If you achieved your goal, then obviously it was obtainable. But, I get what you're saying.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer

THWG!
I like your saying , but one small correction : " Other than THAT Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play ?"