In honor of UT tearing down the goalposts today. Let’s rewind to simpler times.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The last time gt tore down thecgoal posts they took a piece of it to the brand new presidents, bud Peterson. After that FOR SAFETY HILL made stiff rules w penalties for the band membrrs ( they kept playing ramblin wrek) & strengthened the new goal posts.

Clueless - fix something that happens almost never.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
The last time gt tore down thecgoal posts they took a piece of it to the brand new presidents, bud Peterson. After that FOR SAFETY HILL made stiff rules w penalties for the band membrrs ( they kept playing ramblin wrek) & strengthened the new goal posts.

Clueless - fix something that happens almost never.
Sad. Just another example of people whose jobs are not needed, inserting themselves into situations they know nothing about, fixing an issue that doesn't need fixing to address an issue that benefits almost nobody. We got people that will fight tooth & nail for more of those type people. They are not our friends. Maybe things have changed when I was there, but I doubt it. I'm pretty sure the Hill is way more onerous and way more intrusive than ever. I hope Cabrera & J Batt cleans out the rat infested Hill and GTAA and gets us running like the elite Institute we're supposed to be.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Sad. Just another example of people whose jobs are not needed, inserting themselves into situations they know nothing about, fixing an issue that doesn't need fixing to address an issue that benefits almost nobody. We got people that will fight tooth & nail for more of those type people. They are not our friends. Maybe things have changed when I was there, but I doubt it. I'm pretty sure the Hill is way more onerous and way more intrusive than ever. I hope Cabrera & J Batt cleans out the rat infested Hill and GTAA and gets us running like the elite Institute we're supposed to be.
Preach it brother! Amen!

supertech1984

Georgia Tech Fan
Old man yells at the sky over here.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer

I was a student at the time and rushed the field. Had to leave after to visit family that came to game.

Cool thing about those posts is after taking them to the president’s house, someone in the crowd had a key to an on campus machine shop. They took the post and cut it up based on the number of people that were there. Had a friend show up to a party that night with his piece of the post.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Youngster buries head in sand, dismisses lessons of the past. Touche.
Old guy
In 69 3.25 gpa top 3 of ME.
No tutoring and shaft profs.

Young guyc
Grade inflation / corporate sponsored tutoring. No shaft profs.
Thats what keeps gt great.

BOTH RIGHT
Tech still at top.

As recruiter for Exxon found out why they only hire top gpa types. They figure at school if u did well compared to others even when the classes weren't relevant, u would do well at Exxon. They had lots of irrelevant assignments!!

supertech1984

Georgia Tech Fan
Old guy
In 69 3.25 gpa top 3 of ME.
No tutoring and shaft profs.

Young guyc
Grade inflation / corporate sponsored tutoring. No shaft profs.
Thats what keeps gt great.

BOTH RIGHT
Tech still at top.

As recruiter for Exxon found out why they only hire top gpa types. They figure at school if u did well compared to others even when the classes weren't relevant, u would do well at Exxon. They had lots of irrelevant assignments!!
If you made it to a recruiter, I’m not to worried about your opinion on “old guys” vs “young guys”

Kids getting into GT would smoke is old guys on brains. Period. They’re just smarter now.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If you made it to a recruiter, I’m not to worried about your opinion on “old guys” vs “young guys”

Kids getting into GT would smoke is old guys on brains. Period. They’re just smarter now.
Dont under sell getting out of gt the old way.

Life is full of shaft filled opportunities and you don't get free tutor.

Tech had to grow .
5000 to 20000 .
Gt to really restrict entrance and greatly encourage advance placement in hs.
If u get in u get out.

Our football and bb were headed to 90% gradcrate.

Jolly Good Fellow

From ABC News 3 days ago...
"The organization that administers the test called it "a worrisome trend." This is the fifth consecutive year of declining average scores, according to ACT CEO Janet Godwin. America's graduating high school class of 2022 had the lowest average ACT score in more than 30 years, according to new data...."

supertech1984

Georgia Tech Fan
From ABC News 3 days ago...
"The organization that administers the test called it "a worrisome trend." This is the fifth consecutive year of declining average scores, according to ACT CEO Janet Godwin. America's graduating high school class of 2022 had the lowest average ACT score in more than 30 years, according to new data...."
That’s the national through covid. Not the GT trends. Let’s not be biased

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer

So guys that sent men to the moon using slide rules were not as smart. My youngest son took probability at NCSU. He made 100 points higher on his SAT then I did. I could do the problems he couldn't figure out. I don't buy they are smarter, maybe better prepared and exposed to more information now at a younger age.