In honor of Paul Johnson being at the game tomorrow... what's your favorite memory from his time as coach?

Wildbilliam1990

Georgia Tech Fan
The press castrations - I mean conferences. The journalist majors that cover us have had a big head ever since PJ stopped cutting them down daily. - on a serious note - the uga games - even the losses it always felt like we were mostly in on those games and the dwags had to start taking bye weeks and D2 opponents the week before hate week b/c they weren’t afraid of a high school offense.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
TaxSlayer Bowl 2016. A Kentucky defensive player went down with an injury. No GT players were involved—it was clear from the outset that the injury occurred when a teammate rolled over the player’s ankle. During the injury stoppage, Mark Stoops tried to raise a stink with the refs about dirty play by the GT offense (“Waaah! Chop-Block!”). CPJ surged out onto the field to challenge Stoops, looking like he was ready to tear his head off and use it in place of the actual football for the rest of the game.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
Too many favorite moments but I'll probably land on 2015 vs FSU as I was there in person for it. Incredible night.

Others:
The entire 2014 season, what a ride. The uga game in particular
2008 vs uga
2009 beating Clemson in the ACCCG, specifically that fake FG with a TD pass to BeBe
2009 vs a top 10(?) VT after their safety was talking a bunch of trash and Nebitt stiff armed him for the TD
2009 vs WF going for the win rather than the tie in OT
2011 beating a top 5 Clemson on homecoming
2016 vs uga
2012 vs USC in the Sun Bowl and a hungover/angry Kiffin on the sideline

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
The press castrations - I mean conferences. The journalist majors that cover us have had a big head ever since PJ stopped cutting them down daily. - on a serious note - the uga games - even the losses it always felt like we were mostly in on those games and the dwags had to start taking bye weeks and D2 opponents the week before hate week b/c they weren’t afraid of a high school offense.
It's funny because some people didn't like how he interacted with the press and I thought it was awesome! I guess I'm just into very dry, sarcastic humor and he was like that all the time. But what I think a lot of people missed was that CPJ was challenging the members of the press to ask good questions. Yes, sometimes he was a bit abrupt or condescending even with good questions. Nobody is perfect. But more often than not I thought his demeanor and candor said "ask me good questions and I'll give you good answers, ask me repetitive questions or questions that are transparently criticism and you'll get sarcasm."

As for my favorite memory it's absolutely the 2008 UGA game.

Papa Foxtrot

Jolly Good Fellow
2012 vs USC in the Sun Bowl and a hungover/angry Kiffin on the sideline
Sooo much to unpack here. The hoodie and sunglasses along with the rumor that he'd gotten into a fight with one of his players the night before. USC missing the team dinner the night before. Nobody from USC wanted to be there, including Kiffen - they had been preseason no. 1....

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
A lot to work with… I went with highlight games I was at.

2009 Clemson Thursday night and ACCCG - bought flights to Tampa relatively early in the season on a SouthWest $25 sale but had to really sweat the Wake Forest game!

2009 VT (tailgated that game since 6am and still had the strength to carry goal posts, lol)

2011 Clemson

2014 Clemson (after playing them b2b 2012 and 2013 at Clemson since we suck at scheduling)

2015 FSU

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
2014 when JT broke a dudes ankles en route to a butt whooping to probably the best Miss St team of all time with guys still playing in the NFL. I swear that team would’ve beat anyone that year
Even though I had been on the playoff bandwagon since we were essentially robbed in 1990, that game took me to another level of passion because if we had a 4 or 8 or 12 or 32 team playoff we wouldn’t lose a game in that format at that time. We were humming and no one would be prepared with a week of prep/travel. At some time in the future an innovative young coach with a team ranked in the teens, yet in the playoffs, will do just that using option principles.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Many.
FIRST
Lucked into meeting him as he exited the player entrance right after hire was announced. While giving him a hand shake. I said "Coach, glad you are here". He said " thank you" I said "THWG" . He looked me right in eye and smiled. No words needed.

After trying to help Todd Spencer recruit in Texas,
he got me 2 Orange bowl tickets right next to Dwyer and Johnson family. ( he was desperate for any booster help = 0$$)
We moved to Fla so could attend and sat right behind bench.

Not face to face
But last year his last 2 games (before UGA) were a master piece of great ol spread option in game coaching.

That year we had a disappointing season ( usf pit, duke) . The loss a Duke was a killer when TQuan got injured when line block call didnt get to rt for the blitz. We changed offense and put in an end run w oliver to destroy Louisville and someone else.
Then we faced 2 good defenses - UVA and Miami.
Coach went w TQuan who completed 6 total pases and no int.
Gutted out 2 wins to go to go 7-5 & get to bowl game.

Genius.