In basketball, I am first and foremost a George Mason fan.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I grew up (and live) 20 minutes from the campus, in scenic Herndon, Virginia.

Tonight, my beloved Patriots got waxed by Cornell.

Cornell.

Cornell, coached by Bill Courtney. When Jim Larranaga was IDIOTICALLY allowed to leave for Miami, Bill Courtney, a former Coach L assistant was considered. Instead, we hired a coach with a Final Four on his resume; Paul Hewitt.

I just want all of you to know how much I loathe you for letting Hewitt go. If you had kept him around, we couldn't have hired him, and GMU basketball wouldn't be a dumpster fire, and those pathetic douchenozzles down at VCU wouldn't be laughing at our misery.

THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, giving you the Heisman on this attempt to pass the buck. What did you guys do? fall asleep for 7 years? This guy ran the GT program into the ground immediately after making a deep tournament run.

Id say we did the public a service by vetting him for everyone else. You chose to ignore the data :)

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Regardless of your CBG opinions at least we can inbound the ball and beat a press when it matters. Hewitt was a good guy, but in game coaching and preparation was so frustrating.

gosh, I forgot about our in-bounds problem with blewit--UGH!

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Plugged toilet offense, inability to hit free throws, couldn't break the press, indoor track meet, no timeouts left, poor clock management, and constant five second calls.
Did I miss anything?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Condolences. I couldn't even watch GT Basket ball we were so bad at the fundamentals. Hope he doesn't have a big buyout up there.

We traded up for CBG. A lot of things are better, like beating UGAg.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
There's a guy that posts on here who was a manager on the basketball team posted on another board a two or three years back that our practices under Hewitt looked like a Chinese fire alarm drill.

I'm glad Hewitt is gone and we now have CBG even IF he doesn't last long here.