Improvements to BDS and game attendance and atmosphere...

LibertyTurns

Banned
@4shotB Had your same experience yesterday minus the drama. Section is half empty. Our seats in the middle of 4 to left & right. People insistent on sitting on their number unwilling to move over 1 or 2 seat numbers to give everyone room. We moved down and over 2 rows so we didn’t have to sit on top of each other which is completely ridiculous given the massive number of vacant seats nearby.

@BCJacket You’re right on. A junior level Business School student should be able to crank out a study on this level. Somehow GT can’t. A large part of the fanbase wants to stay mired in the past for some reason like the glory years will miraculously emerge.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Yet their rows are still configured for someone under 5’8”. They were the most uncomfortable stadium seats I have ever sat in. I had to sit like Sharon Stone because I had no legroom.

I do not mean to call anyone on this board a liar. However. I saw "Basic Instinct" a long time ago. It's highly unlikely that you or anyone else at BDS has ever sat like SS did. In that movie. That one time.:wideyed::wideyed:

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I do not mean to call anyone on this board a liar. However. I saw "Basic Instinct" a long time ago. It's highly unlikely that you or anyone else at BDS has ever sat like SS did. In that movie. That one time.:wideyed::wideyed:
Well,I was wearing jeans, so I guess it would be impossible to achieve that exact position, but you get my drift :confused:

I bought 2 more this season so talk to the others to double up their orders ;) The upper East was more than a tad empty yesterday as well!
The upper east has been empty since DRad instituted ticket fees. True, every other school in the country probably has ticket fees, but DRad just dumped it on us without any consideration whatsoever of the side effects it would have. The upper east, at least from the south 40 to the north end zone used to be packed. The year after the ticket fees were instituted, the occupancy decreased by probably 50%

LOL....Tech has had problems filling the stadium since I started going in 1969. It is full when we play Clemson, Georgia, Auburn, Notre Dame and used to be Navy would fill it up. Back in those days we would play Florida State or some other lousy team and that South end of the Horse Shoe would be empty. Bobby Dodd created band day, for those of you that remember that. He invited about 10 high school bands and parents to the games for free. In fact we did that into the 90's. heck let's bring that back, along with the card section.
We have had band days since the 90s, and they are laughable. Only 4 or 5 bands, all put in the upper north, where they barely contribute anything to the capacity of that area.

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
Add a stretch of club seats in the Upper North. Definitely not wise to remove the entire section. We love it up there, incredible view of downtown Atlanta and an awesome place to watch plays unfold, especially great for watching option football.

Remove the South stands and put in the weight room TStan/CPJ have discussed. How many seats would that eliminate?

Love the chairback idea.

I think we should aim for 48-50,000 capacity. It would improve the gameday experience and give us a chance at packing the place out without the help of opposing fans twice a year. Would love to reduce the number of Clemson and Dawg fans in the bleachers. UGA is so proud of that and it looks bad for us.

When we added on in ‘03 (whenever it was) what was the logic there?

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I had to sit like Sharon Stone because I had no legroom.
The mental image I get from this is quite disturbing. Anyway, our old stadium was built for people who were of a smaller stature. We get those rented chair back seats from the GTAA. Yesterday my wife could not use her's because a big unit was sitting in front of her and he took up a lot of leg room when he leaned back. Unless someone can figure out how to fix these problems, we're stuck.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
LOL....Tech has had problems filling the stadium since I started going in 1969. It is full when we play Clemson, Georgia, Auburn, Notre Dame and used to be Navy would fill it up. Back in those days we would play Florida State or some other lousy team and that South end of the Horse Shoe would be empty. Bobby Dodd created band day, for those of you that remember that. He invited about 10 high school bands and parents to the games for free. In fact we did that into the 90's. heck let's bring that back, along with the card section.
I remember seeing several high school football teams (wearing their jerseys) sitting in the horse shoe back in the 70’s and 80’s. Not a bad way to help fill the stadium and develop possible future fans.