Our running backs be like.......

Running Away Champions League GIF by UEFA

fsu defense be like.......

season 2 running GIF

CEB

Helluva Engineer
WALK ON RUNNING BACK HAHAHAHAHA

5.9 yards per carry by HIM Mr. Chad Alexander

Really impressed by the FSU defense! (TIC)
Kid ran hard and did a really nice job. Said in another thread that he may not have known that morning how many touches he was about to get. Cooley went down on the opening kick off (anyone know anything about him, btw)?
Also, not that it hasn’t been said, but the OL would’ve made a lot of guys look good yesterday…. But he hit holes and fell forward in the secondary.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Kid ran hard and did a really nice job. Said in another thread that he may not have known that morning how many touches he was about to get. Cooley went down on the opening kick off (anyone know anything about him, btw)?
Also, not that it hasn’t been said, but the OL would’ve made a lot of guys look good yesterday…. But he hit holes and fell forward in the secondary.

The OL would have made anyone look good, but I was impressed with Alexander not going down on first contact. I don’t know the actual stats, but by the naked eye, I remember two specific plays where he was bouncing and spinning off contact to get more yardage.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
What happened to Jamie Felix? He entered the portal then came back, but now I don’t see him on the roster?
I am curious as well. He’s in the video game CFB25 which means he was still a part of the team when they gave the players the option to get paid $600 or opt out of the game. We have a family friend who’s son plays for Florida and he signed his contract with EA Sports for his likeness in April, so my guess is Felix was still on the team around then.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
The OL would have made anyone look good, but I was impressed with Alexander not going down on first contact. I don’t know the actual stats, but by the naked eye, I remember two specific plays where he was bouncing and spinning off contact to get more yardage.
Agree completely! I haven’t seen the stat but I suspect our before contact and after contact yards were both pretty solid. Just a good day all around and lots guys deserve kudos

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I’ve been concerned about Cooley too. I was expecting him to have a great year this year. He brings an extra gear. Hope he’s alright.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
One thing I noticed about King, Haynes, and Alexander is none of them go down on first contact. They have a knack for either bouncing off the tackle, or finding extra yards off the first contact. That's just good running and being tough. Having a good OL helps a lot (and our OL was VERY GOOD against FSU), but good players find a way to create extra yardage even after they're touched.

Our skills guys take after our coach. Just tough SOBs that want to create that extra positive yardage that gives us a better chance on the next play.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
We need to give our RB coach, Norval McKenzie, a lot of kudos, he has done an amazing job with his group and is a local guy too.
From the Tech site:
"
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Running Backs/Run Game Coordinator

Norval McKenzie​

Norval McKenzie - Football - Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

Year at Tech2nd
Alma MaterVanderbilt, 2005
Championships as a Coach and Player4 (2 Division, 2 Conference)
Norval McKenzie, an Atlanta-area native who has coached running backs at the NCAA Division I level for 12 seasons, is in his second season as running backs coach/run-game coordinator at Georgia Tech.
In his first season with the Yellow Jackets, McKenzie’s running backs totaled 2,244 yards from scrimmage and 17 touchdowns. Leading the way was sophomore Jamal Haynes, who transitioned from wide receiver to running back after McKenzie’s arrival on The Flats and, in his first season at the position, became Tech’s first 1,000-yard rusher in six seasons when he ran for 1,059 yards and seven scores en route to all-conference recognition as both a running back and an all-purpose performer.
McKenzie came to The Flats after two seasons as the running backs coach/run-game coordinator at Vanderbilt (2021-22), which followed two seasons as running backs coach at ACC rival Louisville (2019-20).
His resume also includes stops at Arkansas State (2016-18 – running backs/special teams coordinator) and Furman (2011-15 (running backs/special teams coordinator/recruiting coordinator). He began his professional career as an assistant coach at Hiram H.S. in suburban Atlanta from 2005-07, followed by three seasons at Vanderbilt as graduate assistant (2008-09) and assistant recruiting coordinator (2010).
McKenzie is originally from Powder Springs, Ga., and attended McEachern H.S. He played running back at Vanderbilt, where he amassed 1,724 yards from scrimmage and earned bachelor’s and master’s degrees. He and his wife, Amber, have two sons – Storm and Bolt.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know how you put Alexander behind Cooley after yesterday. That’s assuming he wasn’t the #2 back already.
The depth chart circulated last week looked to have Cooley at RB2.
Cooley was injured returning the opening kick off and I don’t think we saw him again. TV went to commercial pretty quickly and I never heard an update.
My points (maybe made poorly):
1. I hope Cooley is OK.
2. If Alexander didn’t expect to get many carries and he came out and played like that, I’m even more impressed by his performance.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
The depth chart circulated last week looked to have Cooley at RB2.
Cooley was injured returning the opening kick off and I don’t think we saw him again. TV went to commercial pretty quickly and I never heard an update.
My points (maybe made poorly):
1. I hope Cooley is OK.
2. If Alexander didn’t expect to get many carries and he came out and played like that, I’m even more impressed by his performance.
I hope Cooley is ok as well. When he plays well he plays really well. You can tell with him after a carry or 2 at most what kind of game he’s going to have. He’s like a light switch. I read the pre-game the depth chart and it was Cooley or Carrie or Alexander. I took that to mean any one of the the 3 after Alexander was put in before Carrie. Obviously I have no idea, just my guess.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope Cooley is ok as well. When he plays well he plays really well. You can tell with him after a carry or 2 at most what kind of game he’s going to have. He’s like a light switch. I read the pre-game the depth chart and it was Cooley or Carrie or Alexander. I took that to mean any one of the the 3 after Alexander was put in before Carrie. Obviously I have no idea, just my guess.
We may be trying to keep his redshirt, but in this day of transfer portals and NIL it feels like maybe Alexander was just more prepared to serve as RB2. Learning a complicated playbook takes some time, and Alexander proved to be a tough runner.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
We may be trying to keep his redshirt, but in this day of transfer portals and NIL it feels like maybe Alexander was just more prepared to serve as RB2. Learning a complicated playbook takes some time, and Alexander proved to be a tough runner.
No way was a true freshman getting the ball yesterday, we‘ll see his debut next wknd

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Cooley was in street clothes after halftime, so it was clear he was out for the game….no word on exactly how serious it is yet that I have heard

CEB

Helluva Engineer
You’re exactly right. I had in my mind that Cooley’s name was also bolded under Haynes.
Maybe Alexander was the guy all along. 🤷‍♂️

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know how you put Alexander behind Cooley after yesterday. That’s assuming he wasn’t the #2 back already.

After the second scrimmage in Camp Key talked about the RBs. He quickly mentioned Haynes but had lots of praise for Carrie and Alexander running hard inside. Key mentioned no other RB. He mentioned Alexander's speed and the fact that he was the best ST player as a freshman in 2023. I was not surprised to see him on the depth chart. I saw the Spring Game and have been telling my brother that Alexander should be our short yardage player as he runs the hardest inside. Glad he got the opportunity as walkons have to break through that glass ceiling and I believe Alexander has earned his #2 or whatever..

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
So last year somebody said gives a wr a shot at RB. He balls out because he is fast. Now he has muscled up and still is fast.

So this year somebody gives a sophmore walk on small BUT very fast rb a shot. 27 is thru hole thats opening much then fights for yards AFTER HE HAS YARDS. He is like Dontae.

I was worried about rb depth.
No longer!
FAST maybe a pattern.