I'm Moving.....

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I've swapped my season tickets from East Stands Section 228, Row 4 to West Stands Section 207, Row 2. I'm seeking shade, fleeing from the Scoreboard LOUD speakers, and after being surrounded by UGA 'dirtbags' last year, I'm hoping fewer to no visiting fans. I am seeking opinions of my swap........o_O

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
I made the switch to the West last season. It was worth it if for no other reason than not having to bake in the sun at those first few noon games. Also, the view is much better with the spine of the city flowing over the horizon above the stadium.

gtcole

Jolly Good Fellow
Having sat on both sides, I prefer the East. 10 yards closer and 10 yards lower than the West side. Noon games are hot for both sides but it is a little better with the sun moving towards your back on the West side. I believe there are less away fans on the northeast end.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Having sat on both sides, I prefer the East. 10 yards closer and 10 yards lower than the West side. Noon games are hot for both sides but it is a little better with the sun moving towards your back on the West side. I believe there are less away fans on the northeast end.
I agree. The upper East is even with the press box in the middle of the West stands. Great view and you can get near the 50 for single game tix, too.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
I buy tickets wherever and move to what I recently learned was the letter winners section since it's always dead empty. Tech should really do something about that since it's in such a highly visible location.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
You are now officially an "Old Fart" Lex. ;)

It was inevitable, the march of time is relentless and I accept my fate. Over my 53 years of going to Tech games I have sat all over Bobby Dodd Stadium. My body is 63 years old, but when 'Toe Meets Leather' my mind becomes 10 years old again,as it was in my first Tech game in 1961. I will wear the 'Old Fart Tech Fan' as a badge of honor. :)

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
The GTAA offered me an upgrade this season and I took it. I'm moving from section 104 row 4 to CL2 row 10 . Was this a good idea?

LibertyTurns

Banned
Finally got the call. Got me and wife a pair of chairbacks without being extorted for back rent. GT won't have to worry about our 2 seats being empty.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
I've swapped my season tickets from East Stands Section 228, Row 4 to West Stands Section 207, Row 2. I'm seeking shade, fleeing from the Scoreboard LOUD speakers, and after being surrounded by UGA 'dirtbags' last year, I'm hoping fewer to no visiting fans. I am seeking opinions of my swap........o_O

Lex, I was talking to mack today about how your title scared me. I thought you were really moving. Lol

We also talked about the time we got together at the NC State game along with foggy and AlabamaBuzz. We nearly had a heat stroke that day seating in the sun and losing to State didn't help either.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Lex, I was talking to mack today about how your title scared me. I thought you were really moving. Lol

We also talked about the time we got together at the NC State game along with foggy and AlabamaBuzz. We nearly had a heat stroke that day seating in the sun and losing to State didn't help either.
That was the absolute hottest game ive ever had to sit through. Burnt from head to toe that day

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
That was the absolute hottest game ive ever had to sit through. Burnt from head to toe that day

There were some fans and students that drank more than their share during tailgating (no worries for me). Needless to say that some people were feeling it more. We had a lady like that 6 rows in front of us who needed medical assistance. For me, I drowned my sorrows later.
TV is killing the fans in the stands...

and it's not just us. I posted (at another site) about the drop-off attendance in college football and some of the exceptions.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Yeah, that game was murder. Even worse than Elon last year, and to top everything off we lost. I had hoped Tech would star playing the early gimme games at night, but I guess the GTAA has little or no control when they play because of T.V,

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
That NC State game was the one my Dad finally accepted my standing offer to use one of our extra tickets. He was so hot and uncomfortable he has not been since and might never go again, especially if it's a day game. Oh, and the Jackets playing like crap did help either.

LibertyTurns

Banned
What was the offer? No Tech Fund fee or a reduced one?
They wanted me to buyback years of donations to jump from no season tix to chairbacks. Told them to give me a call when they were ready to take my money for the seats, but I wasn't back donating. It wasn't like I was stationed in Atlanta for my whole career and was just too cheap to buy tix. The closest I ever came to Atlanta I was an 8 hr drive away & over half the damn time I wasn't even in the US during football season. I wasn't against paying the Tech Fund Fee, but damn sure wasn't paying that to sit on a bench. They started out telling me I could get seats in the upper deck corners. Told them I'd just keep hitting my buddies up for good seats or scalp them, their choice. Plenty of tickets are available for all of our games. Frankly I'm not sure what percentage of the chairbacks are sold, but I haven't been to a game where butts were in more than 80% of them & most of the time they're 1/3 to 1/2 full up.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, that game was murder. Even worse than Elon last year, and to top everything off we lost. I had hoped Tech would star playing the early gimme games at night, but I guess the GTAA has little or no control when they play because of T.V,
This is killing me. I'm trying to get the IEEE to have a big deal tailgate that gets students new to BDS out to the stands. Hell, if it works, there's no reason ASME and IIE and AChE couldn't do the same. Together we have thousands of GT student members.

And then the games get scheduled at noon. Awesome- I'm sure plenty of students want to start tailgating at 10AM. THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.