If you could.... (Basketball Edition)

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
If you could build a team using 5 of the GT greats...

Who would be your starters?
Who would you coach be?

HC - Bobby Cremins

PG - Mark Price
SG - Dennis Scott
SF - Matt Harpring
PF - James Forrest
C - Chris Bosh

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
HC - Bobby Cremins (not sure we can really choose otherwise)

PG - Kenny Anderson (although Jack & Marbury are faves ahead of him, Kenny was the best college player and the reason Jack & Marbury went to GT)
SG - Will Bynum (purely on the basis of being a personal favorite)
SF - Harpring (who else could you really choose here? Thaddeus Young maybe?)
PF - Forrest (for GT career accomplishment, but Bosh is the superior choice as a player)
C - Derrick Favors (no explanation needed really)

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Yvon Joseph was one of my favorite GT basketball players. Not the most talented guy on the team, but he brought a certain calmness to the back of the defense while John Salley and Mark Price were racking up the accolades.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Damn offseason. This one could be fun to try and balance offense/defense

HC - Bobby Cremins (Duh)

PG - Mark Price (Hard to leave out Kenny, Best, and Jack)
SG - Dennis Scott
SF - Isma'il Muhammad (Need a slasher/great defender and I think the other guys can balance out the terrible free throw shooting)
PF - Chris Bosh (Too much talent to leave off)
C - Luke Schenscher (Fantastic team player and his high post passing ability was incredibly underappreciated and opened up so much for the offense)

I guess I have 2 small forwards but I think they could balance each other out in the way Isma'il and Elder did

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
First year as a GT fan was 2004-2005 season, the year after the Final four run (so maybe me being a fan has caused this recent slump...) I still can't pick Hewitt as HC but all of the players are from his era

HC - Cremins

PG - Jarret Jack
SG - Anthony Morrow
SF - Iman Shumpert (I realize he was a pg/sg, but I think he would have been an effective SF if we didn't need him to play the Point)
PF - Derrick Favors
C - Daniel Miller

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Yvon Joseph was one of my favorite GT basketball players. Not the most talented guy on the team, but he brought a certain calmness to the back of the defense while John Salley and Mark Price were racking up the accolades.

Agree Buzz - Yvon Joseph was the best center for GT during the Cremins years. When he and Salley were down low together with the ball it was a two man game.

chrsw003

Jolly Good Fellow
Pg Kenny Anderson
Sg Mark Price
Sf Dennis Scott
Pf Chris Bosh
C Derrick Favors

Not loosing a game w this squad, got Marbury and others comin off the bench haha

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
PG- Kenny Anderson
SG- Dennis Scott ( had a hard time not picking Elder)
SF-Matt Harpring
PF-Bosh
C-Favors

HC-as if this is even a discussion.

franklinjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Surprised Alvin Jones hasn't been mentioned. A great defensive center would really complement all of the offensive firepower we could put on the perimeter.