If Collins is new HC, how many games in before...

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Came over here to see what all the fuss was about. Interesting to see an old thread and see a fairly typical Tech fan dynamic -total skepticism competing with our insatiable need to find some ray of hope.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I know talk about getting made a fool
It's not sad that you made your comment. What IS sad is that someone felt the need to go dredge it up.

I am alays hopeful/optimistic for every new coach who takes the reins. For every single one of them. Including Collins. Including Lewis et al.

I am expecting that Coach Key will has unprecedented success here on the Flats. I am putting this out here for posterity so that, in the event that I am wrong, some miserable s0& o^ a B*#@! can dredge this post up 4 or 5 years from now.

It is becoming increasingly more difficult to manuever around or avoid the miserable people in our post-modern society.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It's not sad that you made your comment. What IS sad is that someone felt the need to go dredge it up.

I am alays hopeful/optimistic for every new coach who takes the reins. For every single one of them. Including Collins. Including Lewis et al.

I am expecting that Coach Key will has unprecedented success here on the Flats. I am putting this out here for posterity so that, in the event that I am wrong, some miserable s0& o^ a B*#@! can dredge this post up 4 or 5 years from now.

It is becoming increasingly more difficult to manuever around or avoid the miserable people in our post-modern society.
Amen...

CEB

Helluva Engineer

This is a totally reasonable commentary on what almost always happens on the internet, but I’m not sure that’s what actually happened here.
I have no dog in the fight but the original post was totally rational, actually painfully rational, if not totally obvious to anyone who wasn’t TFG, apparently.
I did not view the dredging up as a dig at the post or the poster, but rather a testament to the complete and unexpected lunacy that was on exhibition thereafter. :oops:

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This is a totally reasonable commentary on what almost always happens on the internet, but I’m not sure that’s what actually happened here.
I have no dog in the fight but the original post was totally rational, actually painfully rational, if not totally obvious to anyone who wasn’t TFG, apparently.
I did not view the dredging up as a dig at the post or the poster, but rather a testament to the complete and unexpected lunacy that was on exhibition thereafter. :oops:
Fair enough. WTBS, how many more testaments are necessary at this point? I doubt anyone is stil sitting on the fence on whether or not it was a disaster of historic proportions.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Fair enough. WTBS, how many more testaments are necessary at this point? I doubt anyone is stil sitting on the fence on whether or not it was a disaster of historic proportions.
In another thread on here you got 1 of his #1 fanboys still defending his honor. It's quite amazing actually. If they would just stop, everybody would move along I think. I don't think they can. Having everyone else telling you you're wrong, it playing out exactly as most predicted & being zealots like they are is not easy to overcome. Must really suck.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Also completely fair.
To be honest, I found more humor in the post in question than malice, or gloating, etc. Maybe I misread his intent. I’m funny that way.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
In another thread on here you got 1 of his #1 fanboys still defending his honor. It's quite amazing actually. If they would just stop, everybody would move along I think. I don't think they can. Having everyone else telling you you're wrong, it playing out exactly as most predicted & being zealots like they are is not easy to overcome. Must really suck.

It was just last Tuesday that a font reposted in this almost 5 year old thread to continue tarring and feathering the previous coach. I'm thinking some people might never be able to let this go...

GT33

Helluva Engineer
It was just last Tuesday that a font reposted in this almost 5 year old thread to continue tarring and feathering the previous coach. I'm thinking some people might never be able to let this go...
Maybe they haven’t realized that Key
is our coach and none of the previous guys are here anymore? Neither is the AD or the President.

I’m looking forward to the season. I hope Key puts GT football back on the map!

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Honestly i don't mind that he reposted that statement. I was one of Collins most vocal critics on here its good to remind everyone who actually cares about that that my distaste was earned by performance not something I started with.

To the others that will ignore this in the future. well that's just like your opinion man.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
We all started in different places with this hire, went through a period of increasing conflict about whether he should go or stay, and then the inevitable firing happened and I think most of us were glad to move on. The only thing I don’t understand is why a few people still want to defend the hire, justify their irrational optimism at the time, and, even now, make excuses for his performance.

To me, this isn’t so much beating a dead horse as it is establishing once and for all an historically accurate history so Tech never ever makes a coaching hire mistake this colossal again.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
…….. so Tech never ever makes a coaching hire mistake this colossal again.
If anyone could pull that off and generate some success on top of it he’d get a bigger bronze statue than Homer Rice. Remember Homer’s mistake? He’s the guy that used to occupy the worst ever spot.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If anyone could pull that off and generate some success on top of it he’d get a bigger bronze statue than Homer Rice. Remember Homer’s mistake? He’s the guy that used to occupy the worst ever spot.
And the two historical examples we now have should cause all future ADs to think twice about taking a gamble on someone who has no real resume and no serious head coaching chops.

ME22

Georgia Tech Fan
And the two historical examples we now have should cause all future ADs to think twice about taking a gamble on someone who has no real resume and no serious head coaching chops.
Well I think you can still take a big swing on unproven HCs I don’t think Dodd or Alexander were very proven when they started, but you absolutely shouldn’t let their agent get away with the robbery that forced us into keeping TFG longer than most would’ve liked

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Well I think you can still take a big swing on unproven HCs I don’t think Dodd or Alexander were very proven when they started, but you absolutely shouldn’t let their agent get away with the robbery that forced us into keeping TFG longer than most would’ve liked
That’s a good argument so I don’t want to nitpick it too much but Dodd had a pretty impeccable reputation prior to becoming head coach. I won’t go over all of it since I suspect you know it. Then having Alexander vouch for him on top of that amounted to pretty good vetting. Alexander, of course, had arguably one of the greatest coaches in the history of football vouch for him.

So, not arguing your point at all. “Unproven” should be considered but there are some data sets that both Lewis and Collins didn’t bring to the table that Alexander and Dodd did. And not to be too mean about it but one of those data sets involved character.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck

I dug up this tread because it was centered on a specific question. I was curious how the numbers actually worked out, so I did the math and posted that. I was hopeful cgc would elevate the program. Same way I feel about Key. I wasn't trying to stir anything up.