Ideal Football Opponents

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Key knows to endear himself to the fan base!

I love the fact that he's not satisfied with simply playing the mutts hard and keeping the game close. He's passionate about GT and about elevating the program - there's no doubt in my mind that he is the right man for the job. I just hope we can hold onto him.

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Key knows to endear himself to the fan base!

I love the fact that he's not satisfied with simply playing the mutts hard and keeping the game close. He's passionate about GT and about elevating the program - there's no doubt in my mind that he is the right man for the job. I just hope we can hold onto him.
Really optimistic Key will be a 10-year plus coach. This administration has really upped the resources committed to athletics, so we won’t get outbid by a peer, and Key loves GT like nowhere else. Like I don’t see him jumping to a Wisconsin or South Carolina, for example.

If he’s successful the only way we let him leave without trying to match is if a top-15 SEC or B1G job comes knocking promising like $10m a year. And if we’re successful enough to merit a Godfather offer like that to Key, I think we’d come to terms with it.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
A fun question. I would replicate Dodd’s 1966 schedule.

Texas A&M
Vanderbilt
Clemson
Tennessee
Auburn
Tulane
Duke
Virginia
Penn State
Georgia
Florida
Navy, Stanford, Notre Dame or Cal.

Reminds me of Jack n Coke in the East Stands Flashcard Days …
Great schedule - tough teams and we still won.
Could not afford Jack Black, but jim green is also good in coke. .Silly me i thought gt was in SEC till mid season the following year! TCU with Ross "The Hose" Montgomery was my WTF is this monment.

Like the schedule you posted, this year we have a quality schedule. 9-2 is Dodd level coaching.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Great schedule - tough teams and we still won.
Could not afford Jack Black, but jim green is also good in coke. .Silly me i thought gt was in SEC till mid season the following year! TCU with Ross "The Hose" Montgomery was my WTF is this monment.

Like the schedule you posted, this year we have a quality schedule. 10-2 is Dodd level coaching.
Helped you out a little there.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
You guys were smart to put in the regular and the rotating teams. I’m feeling too lazy today (wife would say this day is different how?) to fully figure out the rotations but I would love a schedule that had regular games or semi-regular against ….

Georgia
Michigan
Auburn
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Tulane
Notre Dame

And rotated Alabama, Duke, FSU, Miami, Texas Tech, Yale, Michigan State, Rice, Clemson, Mercer, Ga Southern, Georgia State and Navy for the remaining slots.

This is my halfhearted attempt to capture some rivalries from throughout Tech’s history plus sprinkling in some spice.