I'd hate to be our next opponent

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
Watching that again - what was Justin so fired up about when Lynch slipped on the 2nd and goal play. He saw something and was pissed. Got in C.Lynch's ear. Seems weird to be reacting to the slip like that. I doubt it costs more than a 2 yards, the dwag defenders were right there.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Watching that again - what was Justin so fired up about when Lynch slipped on the 2nd and goal play. He saw something and was pissed. Got in C.Lynch's ear. Seems weird to be reacting to the slip like that. I doubt it costs more than a 2 yards, the dwag defenders were right there.
It looked like Lynch had the edge if he had kept running. He had a blocker out there too.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck

He was fired up because Lynch tried to cut back inside (which caused the slip) when he should've raced to the sideline and gained a few more yards.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
UG is NOT in our teams head anymore, no fear!
This is more important than I think some people understand. u(sic)ga thinks winning this game is their birth right. Every time we beat them, ESPECIALLY in Athens, we take a step closer to stemming the monopoly u(sic)ga has on football in this state. Will we ever fully turn the tide? Probably not. But win this game next year and it's 3/4. THEN you can look recruits in the eye and say "We don't just play big boy football in a top 10 metropolitan area with state of the art academics, we also beat our in-state rival a good bit of the time. Come here and be a part of the revolution." Winning begets winning (barring a triage ward explosion like last year). Winning this game and slapping the taste out of some team's mouth in a bowl next month would get us going into recruiting crunch time with all the momentum in the world...

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
This is more important than I think some people understand. u(sic)ga thinks winning this game is their birth right. Every time we beat them, ESPECIALLY in Athens, we take a step closer to stemming the monopoly u(sic)ga has on football in this state. Will we ever fully turn the tide? Probably not. But win this game next year and it's 3/4. THEN you can look recruits in the eye and say "We don't just play big boy football in a top 10 metropolitan area with state of the art academics, we also beat our in-state rival a good bit of the time. Come here and be a part of the revolution." Winning begets winning (barring a triage ward explosion like last year). Winning this game and slapping the taste out of some team's mouth in a bowl next month would get us going into recruiting crunch time with all the momentum in the world...

I know this is ridiculously dated but this game reminds me so much of the kind of game Tech routinely won in Dodd's era. UGA was ahead in almost every statistical category: Time of Possession, Total Yards, etc. but Tech found a way. Dodd won so many games like this it became routine and yes, it was a part of the culture. Tech expected to win. Just like in this game, our team was smart, focused, and never doubted themselves. Hats off to our players who did not back down, never gave up and showed those mutts what character is all about. Our coaches played this just right and beat a team that most people thought was better. (you know stars, recruiting rankings and all that)

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
I know this is ridiculously dated but this game reminds me so much of the kind of game Tech routinely won in Dodd's era. UGA was ahead in almost every statistical category: Time of Possession, Total Yards, etc. but Tech found a way. Dodd won so many games like this it became routine and yes, it was a part of the culture. Tech expected to win. Just like in this game, our team was smart, focused, and never doubted themselves. Hats off to our players who did not back down, never gave up and showed those mutts what character is all about. Our coaches played this just right and beat a team that most people thought was better. (you know stars, recruiting rankings and all that)
I thought about speech Dodd used to give his teams. Georgie was bigger, faster, and stronger, but we outsmarted them...

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

Its two things. The coach and the qb. One will be back next year.

The new qb has to have the same unrelenting fight and the team has to believe him

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I know a lot of you hate Roof but he has definitely brought a never quit, never give up attitude on Defense
They certainly came to play Saturday. Points are points, I know, but shutting down enough to force two Georgia field goals was the difference Saturday. (Though I have to say I thought Georgia, thankfully, mismanaged its timeouts and as a result was down to one in the last 30 seconds. They reacted by throwing sidelines when the middle of the field seemed wide open, and Tech's defense was lined up in Arkansas. It would have been iffy, but then it was anyway. Boy, that felt good, and would have even with Georgia out of the equation.)

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
I know a lot of you hate Roof but he has definitely brought a never quit, never give up attitude on Defense
This is a decent point, actually. Those kids DO NOT QUIT, even when thoroughly overmatched at times. They didn't give up against Clemmons or Miami and they didn't give up saturday. Props to him (and them) for that...

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
That play is why I freaked out when they ran a trick play instead of feeding it to Marshall. He would not have been denied.

I remembered what Lasky did to uga in 2014 in the red zone, and then did it again. After Mills plowed in for the third score I expected him to get it from the six as many times as it took. The wide plays surprised me. I would have been OK with Marshall as well after the way he was running.