ICE ICE BABY

Mitch Matthews

Georgia Tech Fan
Dealing with the crippling affects of ice and snow? Make it better by crippling a dawg! Be sure to write "THWg" in their yards and pelt them with snow balls as they get out the door. Ok. I'm just kidding. I don't want y'all killed. Stay safe. Stay warm. And share the good word.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
I am in Jasper County, Jackson Lake, and at 8:00 AM sleet on the ground and trees are already heavy with ice. And we have 24 hours of freezing rain ahead of us with wind at 15 mph. Not sure there will be a single white pine standing Thursday at noon.

CSJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
School's closed again Thursday, and the BBall game was cancelled for tonight. I think my residents and I are about to start going stir crazy with all this gosh darned time off.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
I was in a motel (business trip) in San Francisco quite a few years ago, when a tremor hit. The floor was moving around like I was standing on a water bed. I looked out the window and the water was splashing against the sides of the pool. I looked up the street and saw several people walking along like nothing had happened. To me, it was scary, but to them it seemed normal.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Having lived in SoCal for a number of years I remember my first earthquake. I was sitting in my recliner and looked up to see the light in the entryway of my condo swaying, it took me a second to realize what was going on! :D It was a magnitude 3.3 but a few years later we lived through the Northridge monster! I'll take a tornado or two to a magnitude 7 quake, you never know when one of those suckers is going to hit!

Mitch Matthews

Georgia Tech Fan
I know! It scared me so much, at first I thought it was an 18 wheeler, then it kept going so I thought it was some sort of attack, and then it kept on so I was like earthquake but yeah my heart was pounding for the next 2 hours

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
I was in a motel (business trip) in San Francisco quite a few years ago, when a tremor hit. The floor was moving around like I was standing on a water bed. I looked out the window and the water was splashing against the sides of the pool. I looked up the street and saw several people walking along like nothing had happened. To me, it was scary, but to them it seemed normal.
SWMBO and I were on the 18th floor of the SF Hilton when the 7+ earthquake hit in the late '80s. The hotel was designed in 3 sections designed to break apart in the event of a major quake. It did, fortunately for us. When I walked out of our room after riding out the quake, our section was a half-floor lower than the formerly adjacent section. From our window we watched the wharf burn that night. The hotel broke out the candles and free booze, we managed to somewhat enjoy a very bad situation, and even got some sleep between aftershocks.

Like that wasn't enough, we were awakened at 4:00 a.m in Palm Springs several years later by the one that hit LA. I rolled over and went back to sleep after that one.

SoCal_GT_Fan

Jolly Good Fellow
Ya, earthquakes are a dime a dozen over in SoCal. Thankfully I haven't experienced anything more than a 4. I know once I was at work and i was sitting on the crapper handling my business when an earthquake hit. Being relatively new, I asked the guy in the next stall if this was a big one? His answer was somewhere along the lines of, "are you talking about my poo poo?"

Mitch Matthews

Georgia Tech Fan
Ya, earthquakes are a dime a dozen over in SoCal. Thankfully I haven't experienced anything more than a 4. I know once I was at work and i was sitting on the crapper handling my business when an earthquake hit. Being relatively new, I asked the guy in the next stall if this was a big one? His answer was somewhere along the lines of, "are you talking about my poo poo?"
Hahahaha I have a feeling I know what he said and the one here was a 4.4 with a 3.2 aftershock

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Essobee: Yes, I bet that was scary. I well remember that quake from the news media. It did quite a bit of damage. I will take the one I was in; it was scary enough for me at the time. I was really amazed at how quick it started and how quick it was over with.