I will email this thread to Todd stansbury. Comment below your thoughts, frustration, and grief about tech football so he can know how we feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
The worst thing Collins has done besides all this uncompetitive losing, is convincing people that we are losing because we moved away from the option.
Go watch some other teams play, and not the big boys(Clemson, ga, bama, etc.) go watch someone like Wake or Cuse or Louisville or NC State.
They run a myriad of offensive and defensive schemes and they get results without having more talent than we can recruit.
Just because Collins sucks doesn’t mean every other non-option coach sucks. Just because Paul was a boss doesn’t mean you go and hire Bohannon because he coached with him. Hell, Geoff coached with Saban, Mullen and O’Leary, did that make him a good coach?
You can’t go back home again. Our option ship has sailed, and thank God we got a hall of famer to run it at the time. I was a huge PJ fan and he is my favorite GT coach in my lifetime, but I hope we get a good new coach so we can stop pining for an era that has ended.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
The worst thing Collins has done besides all this uncompetitive losing, is convincing people that we are losing because we moved away from the option.
Go watch some other teams play, and not the big boys(Clemson, ga, bama, etc.) go watch someone like Wake or Cuse or Louisville or NC State.
They run a myriad of offensive and defensive schemes and they get results without having more talent than we can recruit.
Just because Collins sucks doesn’t mean every other non-option coach sucks. Just because Paul was a boss doesn’t mean you go and hire Bohannon because he coached with him. Hell, Geoff coached with Saban, Mullen and O’Leary, did that make him a good coach?
You can’t go back home again. Our option ship has sailed, and thank God we got a hall of famer to run it at the time. I was a huge PJ fan and he is my favorite GT coach in my lifetime, but I hope we get a good new coach so we can stop pining for an era that has ended.
I don't think anyone is suggesting these coaches simply for having coached with CPJ, Bohannon and Monken have both massively improved their current schools' football. Bohannon literally started from scratch and has gone 63-19 at KSU, never had a losing season and 4 of his 8 seasons had double digit win totals. Monken took over a struggling Army program that had won 3 games or less the previous three seasons ( sound familiar?), won 8 games by year 3, followed that with 2 double digit win seasons, and has had two more 9 win seasons since then.

JacketFan137

Banned
I don't think anyone is suggesting these coaches simply for having coached with CPJ, Bohannon and Monken have both massively improved their current schools' football. Bohannon literally started from scratch and has gone 63-19 at KSU, never had a losing season and 4 of his 8 seasons had double digit win totals. Monken took over a struggling Army program that had won 3 games or less the previous three seasons ( sound familiar?), won 8 games by year 3, followed that with 2 double digit win seasons, and has had two more 9 win seasons since then.
it’s 100 percent because they’re option coaches you don’t have to pretend it isn’t.

considering we just hired a guy who was clearly not up to task for p5 football the absolute last thing we should be doing is hiring fcs coaches and service academy guys that are not coaching at near this level of football

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Monken isn’t married to the spread option. He was a finalist for USC and he had said he wouldn’t bring the option with him. He runs it because that’s the only way to win at a service academy. He has an OC that calls the plays, he doesn’t run the offense there.
I know one thing. He is tough as nails. He wouldn’t put up with a lot of nonsense.

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
Monken isn’t married to the spread option. He was a finalist for USC and he had said he wouldn’t bring the option with him. He runs it because that’s the only way to win at a service academy. He has an OC that calls the plays, he doesn’t run the offense there.
If that is the only way to win at service academies, it is the only way to win here. We will NEVER recruit like Bama, Clemson, FSU, or any other mid-SEC program. NEVER!!!!! People need to get that through their thick skull.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Who is designing and calling the offensive plays?

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
As one poster already said, Monken is not wedded to the option. He can get an OC and be the head coach. Paul Johnson said he is the most organized coach he has ever worked with which is what a head coach needs to be…see Saban. Not sure CGC qualifies as organized.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
If that is the only way to win at service academies, it is the only way to win here. We will NEVER recruit like Bama, Clemson, FSU, or any other mid-SEC program. NEVER!!!!! People need to get that through their thick skull.
Yes. One of the reasons Paul was given his chance at Tech is that it's recruiting situation and academic specialization is very similar to the academies. At the time, I was very optimistic about hiring him because of just that. As you say, our main problem since is that a continuing tun of success got some of our main money people to get visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads. We need to disenthrall ourselves.

Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.