I think we got the right coach ... because all the mutts hate him!

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
Where I live it is just a fact of life that you will be surrounded by mutt fans. G-shirts, hats, and hoodies abound. And to a man (or woman) everyone that I have talked to absolutely hates CGC. He hasn't run a practice or much less coached a game and he is already in the heads of the dwag faithful.

Maybe CGC turns out to be a bust. Maybe he runs our program into the ground and we become the Vandy of the ACC. But he is certainly bringing a VERY positive vibe to our fanbase and a VERY negative vibe to our rivals. And that has to be a good thing!

On a side note, I hope right now that Kirby is sweating just a little bit that he may lose two or three recruits a year to us. And while that will not shift the balance of power between us and them, it would certainly make ugag less competitive with the likes of Bama and LSU. If that happens, Kirby will win fewer match-ups with top ten opponents and the georgie faithful will begin to turn on him. Turmoil will ensue. Pitchforks and torches will be gathered!

OK maybe I took that too far. But we can dream can't we?

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
Where I live it is just a fact of life that you will be surrounded by mutt fans. G-shirts, hats, and hoodies abound. And to a man (or woman) everyone that I have talked to absolutely hates CGC. He hasn't run a practice or much less coached a game and he is already in the heads of the dwag faithful.

Maybe CGC turns out to be a bust. Maybe he runs our program into the ground and we become the Vandy of the ACC. But he is certainly bringing a VERY positive vibe to our fanbase and a VERY negative vibe to our rivals. And that has to be a good thing!

On a side note, I hope right now that Kirby is sweating just a little bit that he may lose two or three recruits a year to us. And while that will not shift the balance of power between us and them, it would certainly make ugag less competitive with the likes of Bama and LSU. If that happens, Kirby will win fewer match-ups with top ten opponents and the georgie faithful will begin to turn on him. Turmoil will ensue. Pitchforks and torches will be gathered!

Idk. Kirby's bagmen keep dropping bags. Need one of these guys to get caught red panty handed.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck

I don’t think you are too far off base here. I’ve already had some family members who are dwag fans tell me they don’t want to admit it, but think it’s a really good hire for us and are worried we are going to be more competitive with them. But I don’t know if Kirby is really sweating it out, they are pulling in top 3 classes every year now. But I do feel like we can pull at least a handful of the top 50 GA recruits each year moving forward.

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
This is all part of the dwag neurosis. They are petrified at the thought of waking up one day and finding themselves the second best program in the state. They probably need not worry but they do anyway and it is amusing to watch.

However, I would watch out. If CGC at all starts to make a dent in their precious recruiting dominance, you will see the dwag machine come to life to snuff it out asap.

CPJ didn't put up much of a fight over it, but I am convinced that after 2008-2009, the negative recruiting and media attacks on Tech and CPJ went up several notches because the dwags were starting to feel the heat.

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
People on this board spend way to much time caring about what uga fans think.

CGC is a good hire because he checks about every checkbox on our list. uga fan opinion is not on the list.

Honestly I don't care THAT much what they think but I do care somewhat. I don't know where you live, but in my neck of the woods it is something like a 100 to 1 ratio (that is not hyperbole) of ugag to GT fans. So a great part of my day is hearing conversations about how great the gaggers are and how Kirby is bestestestest coach in the history of coaches. And how Jake Fromm's sweat is so powerful it can cure cancer. You get the idea.

So it has been rather funny to see the visceral reaction to CGC press conference. In order for them to have that reaction it means that they actually watched it and they were genuinely affected by it. In other words, its not how much we care about what they think - its that there is truly some concern among almost every dwag fan I have come in contact with. And since I wear my GT gear proudly and often, there have been no shortage of comments over the last few days about how arrogant and misguided and jerkish CGC is.

That level of angst and anxiety with the mutts is truly a ray of sunshine in my life. Don't ruin it (y)

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
This is all part of the dwag neurosis. They are petrified at the thought of waking up one day and finding themselves the second best program in the state. They probably need not worry but they do anyway and it is amusing to watch.

However, I would watch out. If CGC at all starts to make a dent in their precious recruiting dominance, you will see the dwag machine come to life to snuff it out asap.

CPJ didn't put up much of a fight over it, but I am convinced that after 2008-2009, the negative recruiting and media attacks on Tech and CPJ went up several notches because the dwags were starting to feel the heat.
Understand what you are saying but I ain't worried. CGC has a lot more charisma and smarts recruiting wise than Smart. I'm loving where we are and I hope I will still be saying that after a couple of
years.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I don't know where you live, but in my neck of the woods it is something like a 100 to 1 ratio (that is not hyperbole) of ugag to GT fans.
Seattle :)
I have seen quite a few GT hoodies and shirt in my office. The only time I have seen a UGA shirt was (honest to god) a garbage man honking his horn at me yelling go dawgs one morning while showing off his uga shirt. uga is irrelevant everywhere outside of the southeast, and I do feel bad for anyone who has to deal with them on a consistent basis.

If cgc is causing them agony then I am very happy, but I try not to concern myself with what they think.

Seattle :)
I have seen quite a few GT hoodies and shirt in my office. The only time I have seen a UGA shirt was (honest to god) a garbage man honking his horn at me yelling go dawgs one morning while showing off his uga shirt. uga is irrelevant everywhere outside of the southeast, and I do feel bad for anyone who has to deal with them on a consistent basis.

If cgc is causing them agony then I am very happy, but I try not to concern myself with what they think.
I'm not surprised that there are a number of Tech fans in Seattle, but why on earth would a mutt go all the way to Seattle to collect garbage? Hell, there are plenty of opportunities to do that after every game in the cesspool.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer

I think you are right about 2008-2009 . Made them sweat , which is so much fun.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
I guess I hang around different Dog fans. All of them think GT made a great hire. I know you don’t believe it, but though they want to beat us every year, I think they want us to have a good program. What fun is it to beat someone who is awful.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Honestly I don't care THAT much what they think but I do care somewhat. I don't know where you live, but in my neck of the woods it is something like a 100 to 1 ratio (that is not hyperbole) of ugag to GT fans. So a great part of my day is hearing conversations about how great the gaggers are and how Kirby is bestestestest coach in the history of coaches. And how Jake Fromm's sweat is so powerful it can cure cancer. You get the idea.

So it has been rather funny to see the visceral reaction to CGC press conference. In order for them to have that reaction it means that they actually watched it and they were genuinely affected by it. In other words, its not how much we care about what they think - its that there is truly some concern among almost every dwag fan I have come in contact with. And since I wear my GT gear proudly and often, there have been no shortage of comments over the last few days about how arrogant and misguided and jerkish CGC is.

That level of angst and anxiety with the mutts is truly a ray of sunshine in my life. Don't ruin it (y)
Well written, sir ! My thoughts exactly.

Milwaukee

Banned
I guess I hang around different Dog fans. All of them think GT made a great hire. I know you don’t believe it, but though they want to beat us every year, I think they want us to have a good program. What fun is it to beat someone who is awful.

Same. The UGA fans I know are awesome fans and great people. The ones we see on Cops that never attended college are the trash ones, and if you're hanging around them then you have issues along with them. If you do your grocery shopping at Whole Foods instead of Wal-Mart then you should be fine.

Edit: although I have to go to my local Wal-Mart to get Milo's Sweet Tea.

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
Same. The UGA fans I know are awesome fans and great people. The ones we see on Cops that never attended college are the trash ones, and if you're hanging around them then you have issues along with them. If you do your grocery shopping at Whole Foods instead of Wal-Mart then you should be fine.

Edit: although I have to go to my local Wal-Mart to get Milo's Sweet Tea.

I live so far in the country I have to go towards town to hunt deer. I know not of this Wal-Mart of which you speak. Is it anything like a Piggly Wiggly?