I miss this MONSTER - We need another beast like this outside

Milwaukee

Banned
@Milwaukee if you're Jake Reeves, change the title from Bebe to BayBay. Yes, the name arose from the cartoon, BeBe's Kids, but that's not how he spelled it.

hahaha. I think I went round and round on here with some of the other posters regarding my spelling of Bebe as well. When he was at Tech his Tech football jersey said Bebe Thomas; he also signed memorabilia as Bebe Thomas. Over the years it's gradually shifted over to BayBay, even his mom has a BayBay Broncos jersey nowadays (one of the posters here referenced that picture).

Long story short: I can say with 100% certainty he (and others in his circle) spelled it Bebe for years at Tech. With that being said, we're splitting hairs on a silly subject. But I will continue to call him Bebe from his Tech years, and not BayBay which it evolved into.

Your original thinking is correct, it's derived from Bebe's kids, not BayBay's kids.

Cheers

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
God. Rewatching that clip makes me sick to think we were down 14 points to that team. Hell, we could've gotten Ricth fired the next year if we had a D with a pulse...

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
hahaha. I think I went round and round on here with some of the other posters regarding my spelling of Bebe as well. When he was at Tech his Tech football jersey said Bebe Thomas; he also signed memorabilia as Bebe Thomas. Over the years it's gradually shifted over to BayBay, even his mom has a BayBay Broncos jersey nowadays (one of the posters here referenced that picture).

Long story short: I can say with 100% certainty he (and others in his circle) spelled it Bebe for years at Tech. With that being said, we're splitting hairs on a silly subject. But I will continue to call him Bebe from his Tech years, and not BayBay which it evolved into.

Your original thinking is correct, it's derived from Bebe's kids, not BayBay's kids.

Cheers

Smh. Look at the tat and listen to what he says at ~1:25 in this vid.

His jerseys had D Thomas. He somehow got a horizontal line thru the D to make it look like a B. I hope you didn't spend too much on your memorabilia.

Milwaukee

Banned
Smh. Look at the tat and listen to what he says at ~1:25 in this vid.

His jerseys had D Thomas. He somehow got a horizontal line thru the D to make it look like a B. I hope you didn't spend too much on your memorabilia.

His jersey's didn't have D. Thomas, sorry to break the news to you. And I also included a reference below the pictures of another college insider who actually knows his Tech football as well. I've stated this numerous times but people are either hard-headed or just like to argue, not sure at this point.

The name is 100% derived from Bebe's kids. It's pronounced BayBay (no kidding, who on this planet doesn't realize that?).

But no more splitting hairs, I'm going to continue to reference him by his real nickname Bebe, and you guys can continue to call him by the way his nickname sounds, which is Bay Bay. The fact that it's BAY BAY off the tongue is why his mom is rocking a shirt that says BayBay ,and the reason he inked his arm with a Bay, but he fully acknowledges (even right there) that it is in fact Bebe, from Bebe's kids.

You're welcome. I'm here to help guys. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Demaryius+Thomas+Virginia+Tech+v+Georgia+Tech+4s1ET7_woocl.jpg

92709165-college-football-georgia-tech-demaryius-gettyimages.jpg

3931240589_13f165c450.jpg

upload_2016-5-14_6-26-49.png

upload_2016-5-14_6-40-16.png

Milwaukee

Banned
Sorry for coming off like a jerk there. I've been up for 27 hours straight and I'm a bit ornery.

Bebe, BayBay, potato, potato. It all works fine for each individual.

The original topic I wanted to discuss (and show vids) is what a physical specimen he was for us. I have a ton of die-hard Bama fans that are extremely obnoxious and they think the SEC West is the only place in the United States that plays quality college football. But one buddy in particular, he actually does know his stuff and recognizes serious talent gave me a call a few years back during the '09 season when we had Clemson at home and we pulled off the fake FG (Blair to Bebe ;). That play was the first time he'd ever seen Bebe ;). He called and said: "Who in the world is that beast ya'll have out there at wide receiver? How in the world did he end up at Tech? He's huge, he's stronger than every DB on the field and they can't catch him in a foot-race, and it doesn't look like the linebackers are really interested in trying to tackle him either."

Please feel free to post your favorite Bebe or BayBay plays here. I'd love to see them as I always enjoyed watching him play.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I love Bay Bay, one of my all time favorite Jackets. I'm kind of in the process of making him my 1.5 year old daughter's favorite player (not easy living in Pats country up in Boston)...on a trip through Denver airport I found her a little plush Bay Bay doll that she's loved and knows his "true" name.
And btw I grew up in LA during 80s/90s, was very familiar with Bebe's Kids. Me and my friends all used to call each other that, and fun fact I went to high school with Robin Harris' son. All that being said, I've always seen his name spelled Bay Bay and that's what we've always referred to him.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
It's a D with a stripe through it. He did a great job and Tech did an even better job at hiding it. His official issued Jersey was D. Thomas. The stripe isn't exactly the same color as the rest of the letter in some of those pics

Milwaukee

Banned
It's a D with a stripe through it. He did a great job and Tech did an even better job at hiding it. His official issued Jersey was D. Thomas. The stripe isn't exactly the same color as the rest of the letter in some of those pics

I can buy that. He also wore a jersey that said BE Thomas on the back, but I'm having trouble finding it. Do you remember that?

It read Be.Thomas

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I can buy that. He also wore a jersey that said BE Thomas on the back, but I'm having trouble finding it. Do you remember that?

It read Be.Thomas

If you bought it from the same guy who sold you the Bebe signatures, you lost money.