I love this play... shows what GT can do if the team executes

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Love these. I'm telling you, it was tough to watch most of the night, but some of those power runs in the second half looked like '14. I wish we had come out with that stuff right off the bat.

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
I spent a good bit of today watching the game. I will tell you the different in Clemson game and everyone else. Clemson on most plays in th fist half we had one or two guys just not execute (some more than that) and the one or two guys that weren't executed were key to the play. Also, I think we would do much better if we eliminated the down field cut for our Oline. These are the people that may not have made the play exactly, but they caused it not to be successful without making the tackle. 34 beat cut blocks and straight up blocks all night long and was distributive, yet didn't make the play very often.

On another note think this was a badly called game by CPJ. He passed at the wrong time. Was very predictable when he passed and on the very first play seemed to call a double option where the BBack was suppose to block the normal read and he couldn't get over there. Ended up having a 4 yds loss. If it was an actual 3O then it would have gained hard cause he was taking QB all the way. The fact that there was no mesh may have clues him in. Also, I miss the day when we would run on 3rd and 8. It usually worked. We were very predictable in out passing. We never saw the CB blitz. Several times he sacked cause we missed the blitz. All that had to be done was look in that direction and either the aback or we was uncovered.

The defense really played good. Lamont Simmons was really good. Our DLine does well with the run. Very well. Our LBers seem to eager to take on blocks and can't get off them. It is getting better though.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
That is the perfect counter to nosey linebackers. It is an inside run, and not an option play. Notice how the OLB jumps to the alley to play the pitch, and takes himself out of the play. The play either leaves the BB one on one with a LB or a big hole.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I sat in 224 and was surrounded by Clemson fans and they loved Mills. Said he looks like another Dwyer or Allen back there. This kid has "it" and Marshall to come in behind him could be a dangerous 1-2 punch the next few years. If the O Line can gets guys in the ground.