I hope we're not ranked!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I would be fine being ranked, but we will come in somewhere around 23 IMO.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I really don't care either way. It will be fine with me if we are, but I won't lose sleep. Just beat DOOK. If we keep winning, all will be well. The only time it will matter is the end of the season anyway. If we keep winning and finish with Ws in the last two, followed by a W in the ACCCG, there will be no denying us at that point.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
I really don't care either way. It will be fine with me if we are, but I won't lose sleep. Just beat DOOK. If we keep winning, all will be well. The only time it will matter is the end of the season anyway. If we keep winning and finish with Ws in the last two, followed by a W in the ACCCG, there will be no denying us at that point.
Yep!!

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Tech will be ranked this week. Along with possibly Clemson, Louisville and maybe Virginia.

/
I admire your optimism. Previous years this may have been true. Two things are different this year: 1) ESPN contract with the SEC and 2) playoff. These two things are why nearly every SEC team is ranked. Before, it was only about getting the top SEC team into the big game and they eventually got an all SEC big game. This year it is about getting 2+ SEC teams in the playoffs. Make no mistake, ESPN wants a 4 SEC team playoff this year.

GTsuperfan

Jolly Good Fellow
Guys top being so soft. How can you want a program that wins and scared of being ranked because a target is now on your back or you're scared of a let down. You can't be a consistent program if you're not ranked. If you come into EVERY year unranked that means you finished weak. Recruits love ranked teams. The media loves ranked teams. We have earned the ranking so take it. You think other programs don't leverage the pre-season rankings and attention. We need to step up to big boy football and that means winning as a ranked team!