I hope Ted can call a good game....

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We're pretty offensive focused around here. This year the offense hasn't played four good quarters since the patsies. I don't see much reason to think they will tomorrow either. The defense must do some good things too. With no standout pass rushing lineman, Ted must be at his best in when to send extra rushers. I wish just one year we would go into this game with another Attaouchu, but it ain't this year.

UGA always has a good throwing quarterback, good receivers, and a sophisticated passing game. It isn't as simple as blitz blitz blitz. There was a play late in the VT game which brought that home to me. We had them in a third and long and a stop might have won the game. We sent two extra rushers, Macordes and one other. They were picked up. They came barreling into the blockers and if they had had another second or so they probably would have disrupted the play, but they didn't. The quarterback calmly hit a receiver at about the spot where Macordes lines up and it went for a big game. Send pressure every down, UGA will do the same thing.

Scubapro

Banned
Lambert can beat us with his arm if we have our corners and safeties playing 10-15 yards off. Don't forget he set a record in passing earlier this year. Giving the receivers a big cushion will not be a good plan.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We have to step up and get some interceptions to put our o in good field position. We eere soft on MIAMI. The receivers were too open.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Just do the same thing we did against FSU and we should be good.
Among other things our D exposed, finally, a mediocre QB who had been shoehorned into the FSU system. He never recovered from it and I think lost his job as a result. I'm going to be watching this game and paying some attention to Clemson and SC -- I think Dabo is about to get his unbeaten season and since we're out of it I'll be rooting for them. As well, Navy right now. They're running the option the way we ran it last year and it is truly beautiful to watch. (They're having a great season. I've looked at a couple of Navy message boards and believe it or not, not once has anybody demanded they throw the ball more.)

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Among other things our D exposed, finally, a mediocre QB who had been shoehorned into the FSU system. He never recovered from it and I think lost his job as a result. I'm going to be watching this game and paying some attention to Clemson and SC -- I think Dabo is about to get his unbeaten season and since we're out of it I'll be rooting for them. As well, Navy right now. They're running the option the way we ran it last year and it is truly beautiful to watch. (They're having a great season. I've looked at a couple of Navy message boards and believe it or not, not once has anybody demanded they throw the ball more.)
An interesting follow to this, at least to me, is that Houston blew out Navy and shut down the running game almost completely. But the Navy QB threw for more than 300 yards with an amazing completion record, and they still lost by two TDs. Not sure what that says, but the repeated demands to pass more or differently kind of get questioned, if not already, as a result.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Lambert can beat us with his arm if we have our corners and safeties playing 10-15 yards off. Don't forget he set a record in passing earlier this year. Giving the receivers a big cushion will not be a good plan.

Lambert set that record against SC, who has proceeded to have a season from hell, culminating in a loss to FCS foe The Citadel. (You thought WE were bad...) How they beat UNCheat is beyond me...

Your point is still valid, though, as we will be depending on our secondary with the depleted DL...

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Lambert set that record against SC, who has proceeded to have a season from hell, culminating in a loss to FCS foe The Citadel. (You thought WE were bad...) How they beat UNCheat is beyond me...

Your point is still valid, though, as we will be depending on our secondary with the depleted DL...

UNC threw that game away, literally. SCar didn't beat them.