I have been watching GT FB for decades

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Since Tenuta departed the Flats, being the "strongest unit on the defense" has been similar to being the tallest midget in the circus. Kidding aside,if I had to give that designation to any one group this year I would be forced to say DE???

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Things I hear EVERY year, we are one the the youngest teams and we have the hardest schedules . Guess why our schedule is hard 3 wins doesn't help.
Are you suggesting that we win more to have an easier schedule??? I'm okay with that! ;)

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Are you suggesting that we win more to have an easier schedule??? I'm okay with that! ;)
what i.m saying if you lose to team A and play team A next year your schedule will look harder. If we play Syracuse next year do you think when they see our name on their schedule will they think there is a win or loss ? I would bet every team we play next year will see us as a win.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
what i.m saying if you lose to team A and play team A next year your schedule will look harder. If we play Syracuse next year do you think when they see our name on their schedule will they think there is a win or loss ? I would bet every team we play next year will see us as a win.
Sad, but true.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

I knew what you meant. I was just having some fun. I think the days of looking at the schedule and having any idea of what might happen are past. And have been for awhile. We are in that big scrum of themiddle to bottom 10 or so teams in the ACC who, as the cliche goes, on any given Saturday can beat eaach other. I am very encouraged by the fact that, although we only won three, in all of our ball games (except Clemson and ND of course plus BC) we were competitive late in the 4th quarter. But the days of saying team A or team B is a gimme are past. Heck,as much as I hate to say it, even Duke and WF have elevated to the point where those two teams are not easy outs. Plus, I was shocked to find out during the telecast that we are 1-5 iirc in our last 6 against Pitt. So these problems did not just happen these past 2 seasons.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Yep. We are the easy A. Every ACC team we play will see us as a win for them next year. It's GT job to make it different.