I don't think this guy got the memo.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
we-run-this-state.jpg

Is that funny or what?

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Studies have shown that when people are presented with evidence that contradicts their long held beliefs, they rarely change their minds. In fact, they tend to double down on their falsely held beliefs.

Examples include: Anti-Vaxxers, Moon Hoax believers, and apparently this guy.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Studies have shown that when people are presented with evidence that contradicts their long held beliefs, they rarely change their minds. In fact, they tend to double down on their falsely held beliefs.

I think you see that with the ranking of SEC and ACC teams this year, in comments about our offense not being effective on 3rd and long, etc.

I also had a conversation in the Swarm lounge a couple of weeks ago that makes this point as well.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The only state they run is the state of Confusion.

And also state pen?
I think you see that with the ranking of SEC and ACC teams this year, in comments about our offense not being effective on 3rd and long, etc.

I also had a conversation in the Swarm lounge a couple of weeks ago that makes this point as well.

Indeed. There was a graphic late in the game that GT was 0-8 on 3rd and longer than 8 yds. We'd converted a 3rd and 10 in the 1st qtr tho so ... :nailbiting:

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Not saying I agree with the guy, but why wouldn't they have that attitude? What happened after the last time we beat them? I thought we were going to turn a corner in the rivalry with a new coach that would have their number. But they ran off 5 in a row. I think we have a chance to turn a corner now and make it a more even rivalry, but one win over them on a year in which we have one of our best teams since 1990 doesn't really change the balance of power. We need to go get 2 or 3 more 10 win seasons and beat them a couple more times. We had it flipped with O'Leary in the late 90s. When it gets to that point, then we can call them delusional. That said, I'll be enjoying the heck out of the next 360+ days.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Not saying I agree with the guy, but why wouldn't they have that attitude? What happened after the last time we beat them? I thought we were going to turn a corner in the rivalry with a new coach that would have their number. But they ran off 5 in a row. I think we have a chance to turn a corner now and make it a more even rivalry, but one win over them on a year in which we have one of our best teams since 1990 doesn't really change the balance of power. We need to go get 2 or 3 more 10 win seasons and beat them a couple more times. We had it flipped with O'Leary in the late 90s. When it gets to that point, then we can call them delusional. That said, I'll be enjoying the heck out of the next 360+ days.
Football is not the only sport we compete with them and we seem to hold our own in other sports.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer

Another example: What's in the Bible vs. what they have been taught is in the Bible.