I don’t see a game thread... how about this one?

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I’m retracting my positive comment about special teams after 2nd bloody blocked punt. Some kind of serious coaching oversight there.

Otoh we’ll have to see if our OL is still so outmatched vs the rank and file vpi, uva, etc. Maybe not so bad when not facing NFL talent DLs.

Good night everyone.
I feel like Clemson will be the 2nd best Def we face this season, I feel pretty confident that were going to score a decent amount of points on the rest of our ACC foes. Gotta get those OL penalties cleaned up and figure out punt blocking, hell just max protect on punts and fair catch them all if thats what it takes.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I’m done. With football. Forever.

I’m done. Collins, in 1.1 quarters of football made the same mistakes he’s made over the last 3 seasons. Blew all timeouts. Dabo laughed in that man’s face. On national television. Announcers talked about it.

I’m just done. No words. Sorry guys. I am in fact headed to the psych ward. Goodnight
Don’t go away mad, just go away

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I feel like Clemson will be the 2nd best Def we face this season, I feel pretty confident that were going to score a decent amount of points on the rest of our ACC foes. Gotta get those OL penalties cleaned up and figure out punt blocking, hell just max protect on punts and fair catch them all if thats what it takes.
This year it’s punt team. Previous seasons the FG / PAT team. I remember watching the blocked / missed kicks in week 1 and thinking, that’s an easy thing to clean up. Turns out our blocking and our kickers were just really bad.
I’m worried the same thing here. Is it any easy thing to clean up? If we solve it with “max protect” are we able to actually cover? I know we have to get it away first, but we can’t allow 20-25 yard returns either. We have to get the ball to the punter fast and clean and he had better be working all week on getting rid of that thing!
Another thing that will help the punt team is to be a threat offensively. I don’t think clemson had one worry about us moving the ball so they could bring pressure and not worry if they gave up a first down.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I’m done. With football. Forever.

I’m done. Collins, in 1.1 quarters of football made the same mistakes he’s made over the last 3 seasons. Blew all timeouts. Dabo laughed in that man’s face. On national television. Announcers talked about it.

I’m just done. No words. Sorry guys. I am in fact headed to the psych ward. Goodnight
I hope you will continue to post on this site, despite the derogatory “good riddance” comments by several Soy Boys. (I saw Dottie use the term in the game chat thread last night and had to look it up!) They may just be the product of soccer Saturdays, lattes, and the “trophies for everyone” mentality. That is for little league, not college football, especially at this level. They don’t realize that college football is serious business for everyone but losers. With NIL, players at this level are now semi-professional. They are grown men. Allegiance by players to schools is becoming a thing of the past, evidenced by the flood of transfers in the portal. This is ALL about performance now, from HC on down.

Soy Boys just don’t get it. And, yes, you were right in your post that Collins was disrespected by Sweeney. Sweeney just wanted to see if Collins would burn his last timeout over a punt formation change. You see it. TV announcers see it. Fans see it. Other posters on the board see it. Maybe even TStan sees it. But, if other head coaches, the ones who REALLY know good or bad coaching, laugh at your coach on national TV for his glaring ineptitude, you know what you’ve got and all the aphorisms and “feel good” talk in the world is not going to change that.

Blue&Gold1034

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope you will continue to post on this site, despite the derogatory “good riddance” comments by several Soy Boys. (I saw Dottie use the term in the game chat thread last night and had to look it up!) They may just be the product of soccer Saturdays, lattes, and the “trophies for everyone” mentality. That is for little league, not college football, especially at this level. They don’t realize that college football is serious business for everyone but losers. With NIL, players at this level are now semi-professional. They are grown men. Allegiance by players to schools is becoming a thing of the past, evidenced by the flood of transfers in the portal. This is ALL about performance now, from HC on down.

Soy Boys just don’t get it. And, yes, you were right in your post that Collins was disrespected by Sweeney. Sweeney just wanted to see if Collins would burn his last timeout over a punt formation change. You see it. TV announcers see it. Fans see it. Other posters on the board see it. Maybe even TStan sees it. But, if other head coaches, the ones who REALLY know good or bad coaching, laugh at your coach on national TV for his glaring ineptitude, you know what you’ve got and all the aphorisms and “feel good” talk in the world is not going to change that.
I think the good riddance comments are here because of the constant, "I'm done". If you're done, be done. Dont come back every week and talk about how you are done again and again. No one is saying not to voice frustrations at the team and coaching, but if you are going to be along for the ride, don't demand to get off at every stop.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
The blocked punt hurt. Our punter taking 3.5 weeks to get the ball in the air.
I was hoping on the second block that Shanahan could have seen the guy coming and sidestepped him to get the punt off. He's ambidextrous, too - can kick it with either foot.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I think the good riddance comments are here because of the constant, "I'm done". If you're done, be done. Dont come back every week and talk about how you are done again and again. No one is saying not to voice frustrations at the team and coaching, but if you are going to be along for the ride, don't demand to get off at every stop.
Exactly, being sick and tired of someone who is constantly negative does not make one a ”soy-boy”. It’s funny how all these f#ck your feelings types always melt down when the tables are turned.

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
You gave special teams a D? What is your criteria for giving an F?
I can still clearly remember us unable to get a kickoff into the end zone, allowing opponents to routinely start on offense roughly mid field. Then you had the hilarious extra points kicked into our OL backsides. So there may still be room on the grading rubric for an F.

What cracks me up is, I can’t imagine having a punt blocked without an emergency special teams meeting on the sideline. It takes maybe a minute to get everyone involved to agree on a fix - probably showing the punter he’s taking 3.5 seconds to catch/punt vs 2.2 seconds average. Or maybe there was also some blocking scheme correction as well. Whatever it is, it’s not a matter of having more 4/5* athletes, just coaching.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I can still clearly remember us unable to get a kickoff into the end zone, allowing opponents to routinely start on offense roughly mid field. Then you had the hilarious extra points kicked into our OL backsides. So there may still be room on the grading rubric for an F.

What cracks me up is, I can’t imagine having a punt blocked without an emergency special teams meeting on the sideline. It takes maybe a minute to get everyone involved to agree on a fix - probably showing the punter he’s taking 3.5 seconds to catch/punt vs 2.2 seconds average. Or maybe there was also some blocking scheme correction as well. Whatever it is, it’s not a matter of having more 4/5* athletes, just coaching.
The first one looked like punter took a bit too long coupled with the blocker just got beat. The second, the blockers miscommunicated and let a guy go completely unblocked. Even the quickest punter would’ve got that one blocked. So any sideline meeting wouldn’t have necessarily helped as the cause was different.

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
The first one looked like punter took a bit too long coupled with the blocker just got beat. The second, the blockers miscommunicated and let a guy go completely unblocked. Even the quickest punter would’ve got that one blocked. So any sideline meeting wouldn’t have necessarily helped as the cause was different.
I clocked the first one at 1.9s so it looked slow but time was ok, blocks were missed. GC said they discussed a fix that was not executed properly leading to the second one which also blocking snafu.