I Am Thankful For And Appreciate Of Our Football Team

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Deleted member 2897

If I had to make a list of priorities, it would start with something like God, family, friends, and eventually get to something like Football.

These guys spend probably 50 hours a week lifting weights, watching TV, practicing and grinding through it all. On top of the rigor of Georgia Tech.

I am very appreciative of them for that. Football is not the most important thing in life, and I know they are making lifelong friends and experiences with each other, but I also can imagine it is really hard right now for them to manage the results on the field with all of the time and effort they have invested.

Just wanted to say regardless of anything else I am thankful for them, respect all they do, and appreciate them.

I invite anyone else with similar comments to chime in.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Thanx, guys, for the effort we can see put forth every week on the field. We appreciate your never-quit attitude, and are still hopeful this season can get turned around.
At any rate we can see you're giving it your best, which is all that can be asked of anyone. Keep the faith, and keep on plugging away. Now let's beat Miami...

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
It’s always cringey to look back later at what voice to text does. I said “watching tape” and it turned into “watching TV”, LOL. Oh well.
It’s funny/scary how often spellcheck errors make scalar a post to imply something diametrically opposite to what was intended...and (looking back at what I just typed) don’t ask me what I meant by ‘make scalar’, because that’s just the spellcheck gods punishing me for daring to speak out against them. :)

Deleted member 2897

It’s funny/scary how often spellcheck errors make scalar a post to imply something diametrically opposite to what was intended...and (looking back at what I just typed) don’t ask me what I meant by ‘make scalar’, because that’s just the spellcheck gods punishing me for daring to speak out against them. :)

One time I texted my Mom a recommendation to go somewhere (I forget the context now), but I was in a hurry hopping on a plane. Sent the text and shut the phone off for 3 hours. When I landed I realized she had been trying to get clarification (which I wasn’t answering) for why I had told her to go to hell.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
One time I texted my Mom a recommendation to go somewhere (I forget the context now), but I was in a hurry hopping on a plane. Sent the text and shut the phone off for 3 hours. When I landed I realized she had been trying to get clarification (which I wasn’t answering) for why I had told her to go to hell.
A friend of my wife was on vacation once and sent a picture to her brother that she used voice recognition to say “the view from my lanai.” Unfortunately, she didn’t notice until after he received it that it said “the view from my labia.”
Back to the OP, as a sidewalk fan, if anyone ever hears me bashing the players, please ask the mods to ban me.

neb llarmus

Jolly Good Fellow
If I had to make a list of priorities, it would start with something like God, family, friends, and eventually get to something like Football.

These guys spend probably 50 hours a week lifting weights, watching TV, practicing and grinding through it all. On top of the rigor of Georgia Tech.

I am very appreciative of them for that. Football is not the most important thing in life, and I know they are making lifelong friends and experiences with each other, but I also can imagine it is really hard right now for them to manage the results on the field with all of the time and effort they have invested.

Just wanted to say regardless of anything else I am thankful for them, respect all they do, and appreciate them.

And that reference to watching TV refers to watching game & practice film - for those not familiar with the process.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s always cringey to look back later at what voice to text does. I said “watching tape” and it turned into “watching TV”, LOL. Oh well.
Yeah, I read it the first time and thought "I don't think he meant that". Hahaha, good for a laugh though!

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Win or lose, these guys always provide my family and I with 12+ days of wonderful memories. They voluntarily chose to came to the same place I did and then work much harder than I ever had to, sacrificing their personal and family time so that we can all make memories with ours.

This group of young men in particular endured a dramatic coaching change, watched the coaches that recruited them depart, embraced a new staff that many of them had never met, bought into what that new staff is trying to do, and are leaving their all on field every game with little reward thus far. All that without a hint of turmoil or discontent in the ranks. It takes a special man come play football at Tech, and our current group are the cream of the crop.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer

Amen. Well said.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I appreciate our guys too and know this year has to be tough. They won't quit but be stronger. I know a backup player who never got into a game, he never quit either.

Football is entertainment for us. For them it is much much more. I look forward to these guys continuing to improve and getting players back and new guys next year.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
And for 30 years, I've thought it was about overindulging in bourbon of particular fall Saturdays, which means "memories" may or may not be made or retained.

Win or lose, these guys always provide my family and I with 12+ days of wonderful memories. They voluntarily chose to came to the same place I did and then work much harder than I ever had to, sacrificing their personal and family time so that we can all make memories with ours.

This group of young men in particular endured a dramatic coaching change, watched the coaches that recruited them depart, embraced a new staff that many of them had never met, bought into what that new staff is trying to do, and are leaving their all on field every game with little reward thus far. All that without a hint of turmoil or discontent in the ranks. It takes a special man come play football at Tech, and our current group are the cream of the crop.