Hype and the GT fanbase

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Edit: Inexpect mutt attendance to be about what it was in 17....but that also depends on how their season progresses. They were rabid with excitement in 17.

The GTAA is pretty smart about including mutt tickets only in season ticket packages, and selling individual mutt tickets solely to season ticket holders. If the mutt tickets don't sell out that way, then they sell mutt tickets only in packages including at least two other games. I have no idea what the numbers are, but I believe that there are plenty of mutt fans who buy GT season tickets every other year. There are then mutt fans who buy the three to four game packages. That one game sells a lot of GT tickets every other year to more games than just the mutts.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
You correctly say "Was the scheme used to recruit negative against us? Yes. Effectively? In many cases yes. " Thus, logically there is no debate. A better-funded recruiting staff wasn't going to make opposing coaches NOT use the scheme against us nor was more $$ going to somehow convince (say) a 5-star WR to play in a non-throwing offense. Other HS coaches have already confirmed that the scheme hindered us and turned off some players. Again, this isn't debatable since the HS coaches have already confirmed this verbally in interviews about our new coach.

Frankly, it's delusional to pretend it did NOT hinder recruiting but since you don't appear to be delusional (maybe you are?), I won't lump you into that group.

I agree with all that. Not sure what Monken has to do with this? I doubt his scheme will get a P5 shot but, I guess if it does he will absolutely need to take your advice!

Yes. Let’s focus more on exactly what has been said.

Why take shots at @Techster ? For one thing, there's nothing wrong with a cold 6-pack of Lucky Lager Light and for another, nice facilities and a primo staff (what does this mean - they wear nice suits?) won't get 4-5 star WRs nor OL to play in the CPJ scheme or giant DL to play for Ted Roof's defense, etc.

Like it or not, the scheme hindered us in ways that $$$ was not going to fix and it's not debatable.

Like it or not, the scheme hindered us in ways that $$$ was not going to fix and it's not debatable.”

Are you actually stipulating that proper funding wouldn’t have helped counter the negative recruiting at all? Or are you saying the competition would still have recruited negatively about the scheme?

If you are stipulating the first point that’s a ridiculous stance imo. If you are taking the second point as a stance you should logically argue to utilize as many resources as reasonably possible to counter the competition.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Years ago, when I lived in Atlanta and had season tickets, there were a lot of UGA fans who bought Tech season tickets just to get into their game with us. I knew several of them, in fact. That hurt us not only by being outnumbered by Dwags in our own stadium, but also by all the the empty seats at other games, even though the tickets to those games had been sold.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Years ago, when I lived in Atlanta and had season tickets, there were a lot of UGA fans who bought Tech season tickets just to get into their game with us. I knew several of them, in fact. That hurt us not only by being outnumbered by Dwags in our own stadium, but also by all the the empty seats at other games, even though the tickets to those games had been sold.
So the local dog fans like playing in ATL.
Hmmm?
We get good then local dog fans get to make more on resale while they get priority for upgrades for continuous purchase.
Hmm.
How bout down the road we bump these folks, prioritize for first time alums, or penalize for uga school colors , etc. .
Red in your seats and u are in upper deck.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes. Let’s focus more on exactly what has been said.

Like it or not, the scheme hindered us in ways that $$$ was not going to fix and it's not debatable.”

Are you actually stipulating that proper funding wouldn’t have helped counter the negative recruiting at all? Or are you saying the competition would still have recruited negatively about the scheme?

If you are stipulating the first point that’s a ridiculous stance imo. If you are taking the second point as a stance you should logically argue to utilize as many resources as reasonably possible to counter the competition.

"in ways that $$$ was not going to fix" <> "AT ALL". "in ways" very obviously does not mean "in every single way, shape, or form possible.". There's no stipulation - It's a known fact, as HS coaches have already made clear.

And yes, the competition would've recruited negatively against the scheme regardless.

Respectfully, please don't twist what I've very-clearly said. It seems that you are seeking to defend CPJ's scheme against known realities - that you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

I'll decline further participation. Like I said, it's not debatable. The $$$ argument just tries to provide cover for the scheme and the cat's out of the bag on that.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
"in ways that $$$ was not going to fix" <> "AT ALL". "in ways" very obviously does not mean "in every single way, shape, or form possible.". There's no stipulation - It's a known fact, as HS coaches have already made clear.

And yes, the competition would've recruited negatively against the scheme regardless.

Respectfully, please don't twist what I've very-clearly said. It seems that you are seeking to defend CPJ's scheme against known realities - that you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

I'll decline further participation. Like I said, it's not debatable. The $$$ argument just tries to provide cover for the scheme and the cat's out of the bag on that.

The scheme hurt recruiting. A lack of money hurt recruiting. Both things are true.

More money would have helped, but would not have fixed the problem. A different offensive scheme would have helped, but would not have fixed the problem. Both things are true.

More recruiting money + a new offensive scheme will improve recruiting. Both.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
The scheme hurt recruiting. A lack of money hurt recruiting. Both things are true.

More money would have helped, but would not have fixed the problem. A different offensive scheme would have helped, but would not have fixed the problem. Both things are true.

More recruiting money + a new offensive scheme will improve recruiting. Both.
Thank you. I seriously don’t get the argument since this is clearly the answer.

Animal02

Banned
Thank you. I seriously don’t get the argument since this is clearly the answer.
The argument is what is the elephant in the room. Those that hated the 3O claim it is the elephant. I think it is a minor issue, with academic offerings, academic rigor being the top two reasons. The shortage of $$$$$ just made it that much more difficult to overcome those two reasons. Sccheme will be negative recruiting regardless of scheme......not all players will fit in all schemes. * Ranking, just like Top 10 ranking, are just opinions and beauty shows for the most part. Blaming the scheme was a convenient excuse to avoid the academic issue.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I was the only Tech fan in my graduating class, the hype isn’t just from GT fans. I’ve had a lot of UT, Bama, Clemson, Buddies texting me telling me they’re excited. Other than Georgia fans, everyone loves GT and wants us to succeed. I’ve even had former coaches I played for texting me about it, these are exciting times for Tech, our brand in about to be stronger than ever. Coach Collins is already 1-0 in my book with how he’s handling the offseason.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I was the only Tech fan in my graduating class, the hype isn’t just from GT fans. I’ve had a lot of UT, Bama, Clemson, Buddies texting me telling me they’re excited. Other than Georgia fans, everyone loves GT and wants us to succeed. I’ve even had former coaches I played for texting me about it, these are exciting times for Tech, our brand in about to be stronger than ever. Coach Collins is already 1-0 in my book with how he’s handling the offseason.
My cousin went to ugag and he told me that Tech made a scary good hire. He said he listened to one of the interviews on 680 and came away very impressed. We'll see what CGC can do, but I'm overly excited and ready to get Spring Practice started.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
The argument is what is the elephant in the room. Those that hated the 3O claim it is the elephant. I think it is a minor issue, with academic offerings, academic rigor being the top two reasons. The shortage of $$$$$ just made it that much more difficult to overcome those two reasons. Sccheme will be negative recruiting regardless of scheme......not all players will fit in all schemes. * Ranking, just like Top 10 ranking, are just opinions and beauty shows for the most part. Blaming the scheme was a convenient excuse to avoid the academic issue.
The truth is it was a different reason for every recruit. Arguing about what was most impactful doesn’t matter.

☠CaptainBuzz☠

Jolly Good Fellow
GET HYPED!!!!!!!!:):cool::D:smuggrin:

B63123D6-4495-4D2A-A8DD-F66444AE1BD6.jpeg