Hunt-Days and Whitehead

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Wow. That could REALLY change the picture for our bowl game!! My understanding is that both are significantly better than our other options on the DL, is that correct?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Wow. That could REALLY change the picture for our bowl game!! My understanding is that both are significantly better than our other options on the DL, is that correct?

I don't think Whitehead is a every down player right now...he's too light. But on obvious passing downs he would be in.

Hunt-Days would be in the lineup somewhere.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Geez JHD blew up..
I was thinking they could possibly move him back to linebacker, but I guess not..

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
They are both already using eligibility this year.

Why does Whitehead have to use a year of eligibility? Per the AJC, "his case will essentially be treated like a transfer from another four-year college and require him to sit out a year."

In a normal transfer the player doesn't lose a year of eligibility during the season they sit out

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Why does Whitehead have to use a year of eligibility? Per the AJC, "his case will essentially be treated like a transfer from another four-year college and require him to sit out a year."

In a normal transfer the player doesn't lose a year of eligibility during the season they sit out

Nevermind, it has to do with his NCSU redshirt season, right?

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I believe he loses a year due to transfer. So with him having to sit out a year due to transfer is using his eligibility.