Huge Game This Week...

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
I think every week gets bigger if we keep winning, but this game ahead gives us a massive leg up in the coastal and puts us ahead of the 3 favorites.

If you look at VT's schedule, there is a serious possibility they win out. They could end up 10-2, 7-1 and that win 3 weeks ago looks even bigger. Miami still has FSU, we still have Clemson. So we need the Duke game in a big way.

I'm still jacked from last night, but just like I want the team to do, it's time to start focusing on beating Duke.

1 at a time, all the way up the polls!

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Next week will be a huge W.
The Virginia game at the end of the month will then loom high on the priority list.
The team just needs to focus on the game at hand and take care of business.

These guys are maturing more and more week after week.
We had no issues last night where we lost sight of the game when we were down.
Doing what we do best by slamming the ball down their throats. ...man I love this game and watching this team execute X's and O's

UgagSucks

Jolly Good Fellow
Yep, Duke is a huge game for the coastal race. They only have 1 ACC loss so they have a lot to play for too. I hope we don't come out flat for the 12:30 kick.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
We better be ready to play for sure. Duke isn't a team that gives away the game by making mistakes. They are disciplined and they play hard. I don't think they have the speed Miami does, but they have some good players. Their offense is methodical and balanced. We need to get them off the field on 3rd downs, and limit big plays. On O we just need to take what they give us.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
You must remember that Miami beat Duke fairly convincingly. Duke has played a schedule similar to ours. I think they are missing a couple of guys from last year that really were difference makers. In any event, if we play well we should beat Duke. Our biggest issue now is staying humble and staying hungry. Like I have said in previous postings, we can beat anybody on our schedule but we also can lose to anybody on our schedule. This game marked some nice improvement in certain aspects of our play. The offensive line looks to be getting better and the receivers are blocking better. I think the A Backs are making s stronger contribution. The Defense is also getting better but still has a long way to go to be at a Championship performance level. The thing I do like about them is they seem to be communicating better and playing with good effort pretty consistently. We just need to take that good effort to great to really make the next step toward having a special season.

Duke will be a battle but I like our chances playing at home if we don't let our recent success go to our head.

Go Jackets!