How much NIL are kids asking for

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Basketball it seems has soo many players to chose from and the odds of a lower rated recruit out performing his prediction is common. I don't think NIL is as big a factor in basketball as it is in football.
Not so sure this is true. Look at NBA salaries vs. NFL salaries. If you have enough money to pay the right guy, a single player or 2 can drag you to the NCAA Tournament. I think basketball recruiting is more predictable than football also - it's more of a skill-based game and a 17 year old guard can match up against an experienced 22 year old with little trouble.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
This thing is 18 months old and the college sports landscape has completely changed, and not for the better. Everything that was great about CBB compared to the pros has been set ablaze through realignment, freedom of movement and player contracts. The former two obviously being longer in the tooth. This leads me to surmise that your comment is short sighted.

At what point do these players unionize? At what point do they decide they need multi year deals? At what point do they decide they aren’t getting a big enough piece of the March Madness pie and decide a labor stoppage is the answer?

Pandora’s box is wide open and it has resulted in me pining for the days of Coach K’s samsonite bags and real estate side hustle.
I'd like to know what they might do to get "fired" and then forfeit the money. Heavens-not going to class/flunk? 3 duis? etc

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I will drop this here too along with the 2025 Football recruiting thread.

$s coming in.