How many Tech games have you attended

In today's Augusta (GA) paper, whose sports page is almost solely devoted to "news" from Athens, there was a column about a "superfan" who has attended 200 games. I thought well damn, that's not really all that many, so I looked at how many I have attended. Using an average of 6 home games a year, even though some years we have played 7 home games, and not including away games or bowl games some of which I attended, and ignoring the 3 or 4 home games which I have missed, I estimate that since I entered Tech as a freshman in 1962 I have attended 348 Tech games. If I were diligent enough to factor in the 7-home-game seasons and the away and bowl games I have attended, the number would be getting close to 400.

So, as another question to ponder in the off-season, how about you guys? How many Tech games have you attended?

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Honestly 50-100, but they were mostly pre-CPJ era. I was very active during GOL and the CHAN years, and my attendance has wained in recent years.

In today's Augusta (GA) paper, whose sports page is almost solely devoted to "news" from Athens, there was a column about a "superfan" who has attended 200 games. I thought well damn, that's not really all that many, so I looked at how many I have attended. Using an average of 6 home games a year, even though some years we have played 7 home games, and not including away games or bowl games some of which I attended, and ignoring the 3 or 4 home games which I have missed, I estimate that since I entered Tech as a freshman in 1962 I have attended 348 Tech games. If I were diligent enough to factor in the 7-home-game seasons and the away and bowl games I have attended, the number would be getting close to 400.

So, as another question to ponder in the off-season, how about you guys? How many Tech games have you attended?
With me even living 1200 miles away, I am close to 300 games. Of course been going to games since 1969. Moved to Colorado in 1998 and have averaged about 2.5 games per year since then. And still have season tickets.

36, was a first year in 2015 and I went to every home game for the 5 years it took me to get out. I went to 3 as a kid growing up as well as every game in Athens during college and 2019 at Clemson. Will be a season ticket holder for life and will likely keep attending the games in Athens every other year.
I quit going to Athens after the debacle there in 2002. Prior to then, I had been to Athens every year we played there after I got out of Tech in 1967.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I would say around 50. Was a season ticket holder for several years and then gone to several away/bowl games.

Every time i managed to make it up to athens we won... Unfortunately that was not every time.
I saw some fantastic wins by the Jackets in Athens over the years that I went, but most notably the 1974 game when I took my dad in the bitter wind and rain, and, asking him at halftime if he wanted to leave, he refused saying he was enjoying it too much.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I saw some fantastic wins by the Jackets in Athens over the years that I went, but most notably the 1974 game when I took my dad in the bitter wind and rain, and, asking him at halftime if he wanted to leave, he refused saying he was enjoying it too much.
Even the Georgia band left the stadium at halftime. Only Tech fans were still there at the end.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
I spent a week in Northern Minnesota one year in late December, but I have never been as cold as I was at that game. I was very happy, and almost alone--meaning no Mutt fans-- by the 4th quarter. It should always be that way. As you say, it's too dangerous to be around those people these days.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Every time i managed to make it up to athens we won... Unfortunately that was not every time.
If you want to go next time we are up there (and anytime thereafter) I am sure we could finance the cost of your trip! we need to leave no stone unturned when it comes to beating them. Sadly, on my bucket list is seeing Tech beat Uga in Atlanta. It is unfortunate that I feel better about our chances on the road.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I’m also in the “never seen us lose at the Cesspool” club. Unfortunately that’s only 3 trips.

Been to 130 games or so. I’ve never lived closer than 450 miles to Atlanta. Majority of the games I’ve traveled to I was between 500-750 miles away. Average distance I’ve lived from Bobby Dodd is 2260 miles, hence the low numbers of games I’ve actually attended. I’m not sure I’ve missed a home game where I’ve been less than 1000 miles away before this year except when my son was born. Longest distance I’ve traveled to a game is 4500 miles.

I’m sure there’s other road warriors on here.

Jolly Good Fellow
The field was a swamp....Adrian Rucker...pride of Morristown, TN...as a freshman had best game of his career

GT Chillin' It

Jolly Good Fellow
Somewhere around 140 for me. Haven’t missed a home game since I was a 1st year in 04’ except for one when my sister got married. Been to every UGA game since 2000, numerous bowl games, and a lot of away games just for fun trips. Dublin was great 😁.
The 200 games by this “Superfan” really isn’t all that impressive.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
10-15 games. being in the army and spending about 8 years out of the last 17 years over seas in either german, iraq, or korea made it hard. and then being stationed every where but the southeast has made it kinda hard to go to more.

all those games minus i want to say 2-3 were before i graduated high school