How Many Point Will Georgia Tech Score On The Citadel?

How Many Points Will Georgia Tech Score On The Citadel?

• 0-10

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 10-20

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • 20-30

Votes: 44 43.1%
  • 30-40

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • 40-50

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • 50+

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Vegas has it at -37 with o/u of 61. So predicting 49-12 type game. I’d be inclined to take the U and Cit

Sure hope that scenario plays out (even though our offense hasn’t shown capability of putting up 40+). This would be our one & only chance to catch a glimpse of Jordan Yates this season (assuming he’s ATL for the Citadel game of course).

Sure hope that scenario plays out (even though our offense hasn’t shown capability of putting up 40+). This would be our one & only chance to catch a glimpse of Jordan Yates this season (assuming he’s ATL for the Citadel game of course).
Would definitely be great if we could get and maintain a lead so that Yates could get some playing time. He has 4 chances this year without losing his redshirt, and, like you said, this could well be his only chance to get in a game.

GT_EE78

Banned
All those passes, and yet we barely won. Doesn't seem like they helped all that much.
That's true - but I'm sure they didn't let LJ call the plays;
I was rather frustrated by the limited number of downfield attempts
(am just assuming staff knows something that we don't)
maybe WR's aren't as good as we think, OL not ready to pass protect,GPlan upset by OL injuries, LJ confidence/experience issues - i dunno
i think an FCS defense makes this a "fix it" game
It would be nice to see what Yates can do too
if the O gets 40-50 i won't complain about who/How ....
for now I'll stick with LJ giving us the best odds even tho i may be one of the few still barking up that tree.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Based on what I have seen so far, I don't see us scoring more than 14 points on offense. I think they will score some with their offense. Turnovers and the zebras will most likely determine who wins this game. I'm hoping for a W by 1 point, something similar to this past Saturday. Just don't think we have any mojo yet.

Go Jackets!

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Would definitely be great if we could get and maintain a lead so that Yates could get some playing time. He has 4 chances this year without losing his redshirt, and, like you said, this could well be his only chance to get in a game.

I hear you, SS, and I agree that Yates is most likely the near future QB, but with our current O line, just not sure it is a good idea.

GT_EE78

Banned
Not putting you down, but you are definitely one of the very few still barking up that tree. LJ didn't show me anything at all on Saturday.
I know (i'm still considering the 3 yr layoff plus his HS stats for potential)
I think it's too too early to throw LJ under the bus.
(besides , that bus driver has enough to worry about with the OC,DJ,PA,concession workers and ticket collectors on people's agenda)

LibertyTurns

Banned
We got some hard prognosticators on here:

0-10 pts, really we think we’re only good for a TD, an XP and one FG against Citadel? 0-20 pts is less than 3 TDs and XPs.

No pick 6, no safeties, no punt returns for TD?

We got some real low expectations. No wonder we’re getting grumpy.

We got some hard prognosticators on here:

0-10 pts, really we think we’re only good for a TD, an XP and one FG against Citadel? 0-20 pts is less than 3 TDs and XPs.

No pick 6, no safeties, no punt returns for TD?

We got some real low expectations. No wonder we’re getting grumpy.
0 - 10 points is definitely low, but 20 is sadly realistic AT THIS POINT.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
i^i - 3.

They kick one field goal first quarter, then we enter the nega universe and score half of the square root of a negative touchback. We repeat that each quarter all square root of negative one quarters.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
How many points do y'all think Georgia Tech will score on the Citadel? I thing Georgia Tech will beat The Citadel 35-7

Until I see the offensive line make improvements in pass protection and the quarterbacks throw it better, I am skeptical that we can score much more than 3 touchdowns. On the other hand, this defense will eat up a triple option offense. I seriously doubt that the Citadel will score more than 7. Say 20-3 or so. I will be very surprised if we cover than 34 point spread. I hope to see more continuity of offense and a continuation of relatively error free ball on both offense and defense. Hope to see the quarterback situation resolved and an offensive identity emerge. We can really use the early season bye week to get healthier and improve our offense.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
All those passes, and yet we barely won. Doesn't seem like they helped all that much.
As my son said when on an official visit to Davidson, and it was a game Davidson flung it about .. sll quick outs to WRs heading for the sideline. "They told me they passed a lot but they didn't tell me it was all sideways." Sideways doesn't get you much sans a purpose.