How Many Games Will GT Win?

How many regular season games will GT win?

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 4 3.4%

Votes: 24 20.3%

Votes: 45 38.1%

Votes: 31 26.3%

Votes: 13 11.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Maybe it is just me, but there seems like the QB play takes a 1/4 - 1/2 step down as they get beaten up. first year starting they may not make all the right decisions, but they make the decisions quick, the following years the hesitations seem to grow.

OMG, we have been watching the same team. I think this is very true except for JN. He just attacked at full speed till the final injury.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, right. VT is a loss...UNC is a loss. Duke is a coin flip. Heck, we barely squeezed by GA Southern. Come back to reality.
I only put 6 but I see people saying we barely got past GaSo? I don't get this. Sure. It wasn't as dominating of a win as any of us wanted, but we led by double digits for > 45 min of the game. The result was never in question

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I only put 6 but I see people saying we barely got past GaSo? I don't get this. Sure. It wasn't as dominating of a win as any of us wanted, but we led by double digits for > 45 min of the game. The result was never in question

But, some of us don't just look at the results in the newspaper. We watch the games. So tough, close losses against good teams aren't the end of the world. And, ugly wins against lesser teams aren't as enjoyable.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
But, some of us don't just look at the results in the newspaper. We watch the games. So tough, close losses against good teams aren't the end of the world. And, ugly wins against lesser teams aren't as enjoyable.
I never said it was an enjoyable win. I watched the game too and it was disappointing compared to what I wanted to happen for sure. The first quarter for the most part was great, especially the first defensive series and first 2 offensive possessions. Almost looked like we were going to have 2 good defensive possessions in a row until we gave up a dumb 3rd and long like usual. I wouldn't call it an impressive win at all. But to say we squeaked by or barely won or any of that is a load of crap

2014 was squeaking by. We needed a lucky break on a bad pitch to go down and win. We didnt need a long drive or a last second field goal or last minute TD this year. We controlled the game but did not dominate

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
if we still had shaq mason we would probably be a one loss team rright now imo. we win at pitt with shaq. we win at miami with shaq. we lost one game due to a failed 4th down attempt and the other over two SUPER FREAK fumbles returned for a touch down. with shaq the clemson game is a whole lot closer imo.

we are really missing a dominant lineman big time. as shaq proved in 2014. it only takes one.

while i love jt to death i think that part of the problem is that when he has a bad play he gets down on himself which causes the whole team to get into a funk also. i know he is not a verbal guy but imo he needs to lead more. i always liked the way johnny td went from player to player encouraging them. firing them up etc. i see none of that with justin.

given the above i think we are a young team that needs a strong dose of confidence. a little well placed swagger wouldnt hurt.

i know that a few years ago we were the youngest team in fbs. anybody know how we stack up now? i have googled that but was unable to come up with an analysis of any kind.

as far as wins and losses go.... i see us at 7-5 plus a bowl but it wont be easy.

Our program is in much, much deeper excrement if we are in this shape due to ONE OL that is 2 years gone.

Quite sad, as well, that we can lay so many of our issues at his feet. We have absolutely NOBODY in the last 2 years that can replace ONE OL?

Talk about an indictment of a program and staff.

Talk God in Heaven that America did not have this mentality after FDR died during WWII.

Jmonty71

Banned
I never said it was an enjoyable win. I watched the game too and it was disappointing compared to what I wanted to happen for sure. The first quarter for the most part was great, especially the first defensive series and first 2 offensive possessions. Almost looked like we were going to have 2 good defensive possessions in a row until we gave up a dumb 3rd and long like usual. I wouldn't call it an impressive win at all. But to say we squeaked by or barely won or any of that is a load of crap

2014 was squeaking by. We needed a lucky break on a bad pitch to go down and win. We didnt need a long drive or a last second field goal or last minute TD this year. We controlled the game but did not dominate
I did watch the game. I saw a GA Southern team that controlled most of the clock. I saw us struggle, yet again, on getting a team off the field. I saw the over 50% 3rd down conversion rate. These are the numbers that matter. Especially, when you play teams like VT, UNC, Duke and such. If we lose the TOP battle, the LOS battle and give over 50% up on 3rd down on these teams, forget about getting another win, the rest of the season. Regardless of what you may think, the defense is the weakest link on the team and has been for the last few years. It just shows up worse, when our offense struggles.