How many All-America / All Conf for 2018?

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Does no one remember, or realize, that Kirvonte Benson was 2nd Team All-ACC last year? Oh, and he happens to have two years of eligibility left.

https://theacc.com/news/2017/11/27/2017-all-acc-football-teams-announced.aspx

Also, Harvin was 3rd Team All-ACC as a freshman...
Of course I don't remember that. At my age, I am afflicted with the dreaded malady "Sometimers" Sometimes I remember sometimes I don't and then a young whippersnapper gets to correct me.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Defense:
Vic Alexander
Brant Mitchell
AJ Grey
Kelton Dawson

Offense:
Benson
TQ Marshall
Copper Braun
Will Bryan
J Lee
K Cooper
Jalen Camp

If we had beat Duke, we would have finished 4th out of the 14 ACC teams.
If and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a merry Christmas. You are what your record says you are. You make plays or you don't. I'd could go on, but the point has been made. Is their potential to be pretty good, yes. Again, potential isn't known until it's fulfilled.

Deleted member 2897

If and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a merry Christmas. You are what your record says you are. You make plays or you don't. I'd could go on, but the point has been made. Is their potential to be pretty good, yes. Again, potential isn't known until it's fulfilled.

I didn’t say it didn’t. (From the category “I know you are, but what am I?”). :D The point is we were not trash last year. We were extremely competitive. We had double digit leads on every team except Clemson Georgia. And there’s no reason to expect anything but another competitive team this year.

But in truth, only 4 ACC teams finished with a better record in ACC play than we did. So the comment you made about finishing in the bottom half was fully incorrect. (And we beat 1 of those 4 teams head to head as well.)

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Because that was last year and this is this year. A few more plays and we could have been a 8 win team last year as well. Have faith my friend, have faith lol.

IF (a lot of teams can claim the same IF) we had ended up with 8 wins and lost to ugag by 31 on our home field - well, things are much worse than what we thought. Much worse.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
You'd think by stats alone our Bbacks would be up for all ACC every year. When you run it 80% of the time, your main runningback should be up there, however, when your top runner is your qb...

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
On offense, because the nature of what we do is so different, it’s challenging for guys to get recognition. I mean, let’s say Marshall had an amazing year by option standards (say 2,500 yards passing and 1,200 yards rushing). He’d still be competing against guys who have thrown for almost twice that amount at a position that values passing statistics.

The defense is more interesting. If Woody can get a couple guys who can come off the edge and get sacks or force some bad decisions by the opposing quarterback, I could see us having some guys there, either because someone had a bunch of sacks or a handful of picks, which is of course why he was hired.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
IF (a lot of teams can claim the same IF) we had ended up with 8 wins and lost to ugag by 31 on our home field - well, things are much worse than what we thought. Much worse.
My point is this is a thread for who has the potential. Last years record has no baring on if a guy has potential or not. The only reason I brought up the fact that we were just a few plays away from 8 wins is to show there is potential, it’s not like every team we played beat up on us.