How GT Prospects Should Handle Negative Recruiting

Techster

Helluva Engineer
So we often hear how opposing coaches will break out a Calculus book, or tell recruits the odds of graduating at GT is low in order to negative recruit against us. Apparently a Michigan coach took a similar tact to make UM look more attractive than a school they were recruiting against. Whoops:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/michigan-wolverines-ohio-state-buckeyes-2015-recruiting-class-cfb-am-012815?cmpid=tsmfb:fscom:cfbonfox

THAT is exactly how recruits need to handle it when a coach challenges their intelligence. If some coach comes into my livingroom and tells my child (when I have a child) they aren't good enough or smart enough to graduate from a school, pass a class, or get accepted without football...they're getting a foot up their rear on the way out of the door.

Kudos to that recruit.

Animal02

Banned
So we often hear how opposing coaches will break out a Calculus book, or tell recruits the odds of graduating at GT is low in order to negative recruit against us. Apparently a Michigan coach took a similar tact to make UM look more attractive than a school they were recruiting against. Whoops:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/michigan-wolverines-ohio-state-buckeyes-2015-recruiting-class-cfb-am-012815?cmpid=tsmfb:fscom:cfbonfox

THAT is exactly how recruits need to handle it when a coach challenges their intelligence. If some coach comes into my livingroom and tells my child (when I have a child) they aren't good enough or smart enough to graduate from a school, pass a class, or get accepted without football...they're getting a foot up their rear on the way out of the door.

Kudos to that recruit.

And then there is this.....http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...es-to-get-recruits-to-attend-tennessee-012615

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I hope we'd kick somebody out if they showed up wearing mutt gear, too. That's bs low class crap.

I'm sure none of this is new, I bet it's been done before, just not so overtly, that's just plain stupid, imo.

Your old curdmudgeon-ness is rubbing off on me. Or perhaps I'm getting old. :eek:

If my son did this I'd kick his natural a**.

Act with some freaking class. If your goal is to go there and recruit for TN, fine. AUB takes that risk by asking you along. But to do so overtly and to the point where they kick you out is low rent and I'd hope his parents, the TN coaches or someone with some sense let him know as much.

With the way TN is pulling committed guys' offers and 'processing' guys, you might wanna not burn that bridge, btw.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Your old curdmudgeon-ness is rubbing off on me. Or perhaps I'm getting old. :eek:

If my son did this I'd kick his natural a**.

Act with some freaking class. If your goal is to go there and recruit for TN, fine. AUB takes that risk by asking you along. But to do so overtly and to the point where they kick you out is low rent and I'd hope his parents, the TN coaches or someone with some sense let him know as much.

With the way TN is pulling committed guys' offers and 'processing' guys, you might wanna not burn that bridge, btw.
How old do you think I am? o_O

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Sure, it was low class. Since it involved TN & Auburn, I found it funny as hell though.

Yeah, I can fault anyone for finding it funny.

How old do you think I am? o_O

I like to mess with you because you seem mad all the time. I don't think you're that old, but you do come across as mid-late 50's. Then again, you don't have to be old to be a curmudgeon. :LOL:

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Yeah.

O'Leary would have sent his *** home.
Whatever CPJ actually did about that kid, if that was his public statement about it then he handled it perfectly imo.

I really appreciate that CPJ loathes losing so much. So to be able to placidly (or maybe fighting back gall) state that his team needs to beat the Dawgs more, I think he took the right tack about some high schooler showing up for a visit with their hat on.