"How do you spell Train Wreck..."

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
A T L

UniWatch (sorry i don't know how to link it) has written an article about the Falcons new (and horrible in my opinion) unis.

Briefly - they say the Hawks have the worst unis in the NBA, that the Braves are still having battles about the Native American icon, and that the Falcons have really topped it all off with these ugly new, yet somewhat dated in spots, unis.

The article ends with "Atlanta at least still has Georgia Tech."

I really thought it would be a no brainer for Mr. Blank to recreate something for the Falcons that mimicks his best franchise - Atlanta United.

Makes too much sense i suppose.

FLTech

Georgia Tech Fan
Everybody just needs to go back to their original uniforms and stop with the stupid ATL crap

if I see ATL in a Braves jersey, I’m going to loose my ****

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Thank you Adidas. Thank you so much. God these are bad.

Adidas isn't bulletproof either...

GettyImages-153274651.0.0.jpg

louisvilleuni2.0.0.jpg

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Hope I did this right. If not I will fix it.
But we always complained about Russell, but they produced all the classic uniforms that most want to see.
Yeah Russell made some BEAUTIFUL looks they just never stuck with them for whatever reason.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Hope I did this right. If not I will fix it.
But we always complained about Russell, but they produced all the classic uniforms that most want to see.
Russell got a bad rap for its uniforms simply because it’s not a lifestyle brand like the current “big 3” in Nike, adidas, and UA. Obviously they made some pretty terrible ones too *ahem*
21548D20-6526-4AE7-A39A-B80709903DA3.jpeg

A7A9C9F8-796C-46F2-BC98-6EF26547CE14.jpeg

But for the most part they were pretty solid, and there’s definitely some classics in the mix, the “brand” just wasn’t cool. Athletic brands that weren't lifestyle brands like Russel, Reebok, Starter, and Rawlings had become obsolete simply because all the gear that came along with the uniforms wasn’t cool to wear around. I never wore any Russell football gear, but I know Russel made some of the best baseball uniforms I’ve ever worn. The quality and comfort of their products is far superior to most of the mainstream brands.

I’m not 100% sure, but I believe I’ve heard from multiple people that MBob could’ve opted out of the Russell deal sometime around 2014-15. That would’ve been a great time to jump on a new apparel provider. Reebok held onto the NFL until 2012, and Auburn went from Russell to UA in 2015. Man, how does GT screw so much stuff up?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Russell got a bad rap for its uniforms simply because it’s not a lifestyle brand like the current “big 3” in Nike, adidas, and UA. Obviously they made some pretty terrible ones too *ahem*
View attachment 8206
View attachment 8207
But for the most part they were pretty solid, and there’s definitely some classics in the mix, the “brand” just wasn’t cool. Athletic brands that weren't lifestyle brands like Russel, Reebok, Starter, and Rawlings had become obsolete simply because all the gear that came along with the uniforms wasn’t cool to wear around. I never wore any Russell football gear, but I know Russel made some of the best baseball uniforms I’ve ever worn. The quality and comfort of their products is far superior to most of the mainstream brands.

I’m not 100% sure, but I believe I’ve heard from multiple people that MBob could’ve opted out of the Russell deal sometime around 2014-15. That would’ve been a great time to jump on a new apparel provider. Reebok held onto the NFL until 2012, and Auburn went from Russell to UA in 2015. Man, how does GT screw so much stuff up?

That bottom picture from 2008 is interesting in that those pants and hat actually matched (old Gold - debatable), those unis actually looked better in photos than in person, the peach bowl uni with the blue jersies looked like puke to me.

It does prove one of the points in the uni watch article - when you have jersey stripes that are suppose to align with pant stripes they don't. Especially during the game.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
A T L

UniWatch (sorry i don't know how to link it) has written an article about the Falcons new (and horrible in my opinion) unis.

Briefly - they say the Hawks have the worst unis in the NBA, that the Braves are still having battles about the Native American icon, and that the Falcons have really topped it all off with these ugly new, yet somewhat dated in spots, unis.

I really thought it would be a no brainer for Mr. Blank to recreate something for the Falcons that mimicks his best franchise - Atlanta United.

At least Georgia Tech's football uniforms look nice:cool: I can't believe the Falcons thought it would be a good idea to steal their look from Texas Tech:rolleyes::banghead::vomit:

GTFowler

Georgia Tech Fan
View attachment 8206
View attachment 8207

Auburn was with UnderArmour before then... 2010 Auburn tigers were an UnderArmour team

You might be thinking of 2015 when they extended their contract with them for 10 years( through 2025)

alagold

Helluva Engineer
A T L

You probably don't know this but a lot of folks were POd when the new 1966 Falcons took the uga colors instead of working in gold at all.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
You probably don't know this but a lot of folks were POd when the new 1966 Falcons took the uga colors instead of working in gold at all.

I know it very well.

At a Falcon game in old Fulton Cty stadium, Rankin Smith was walking up the stairs after some half time presentation. I had the aisle seat next to my Dad, then my Mom. As smith walked by i made the comment that the uniforms needed more Gold. He mumbled something under his drunk azz breath about being a ga grad.

I looked at Dad and he was, somewhat under his breath, laughing with delight. Mom, however, had daggers piercing thru my soul. When we got home there was some lecture about respecting your elders.

The Official NFL registered Falcon colors are red / black / White and Gold.

And that is why i think the birds would have done better with something similar to the soccer team.