How do you like your crow?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Fell? I set fire to that bandwagon. Early. After year 3.
Is crow salty&greasy like Duck? Well done, please!

Got to say, he is a classy, positive individual. He spoke of his players, assistant coaches, the opponent by practically putting their coach in a H.O.F. campaign.
I might have missed another deflection to the training staff and water collector. I was too busy crying with Jose. The man is 43 y.o., so you would think his best days as a H.C. should be ahead? Recruiting was already on the upswing. This can only help.

What do we get for dessert, prunes?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I have to admit, Georgia Tech BB had been down so far for so long that I really didn't have an opinion one way or the other about CJP. It was complete apathy tbh.

What got me interested this year was the stats....I started seeing box scores with less than single digit TO's. More steals and assists than TO's! That is the type of BB that will make me watch and matters to me almost as much as the bottom line record. So he Coach and his players brought me back. And it has been fun! I didn't realize how much I missed worrying about brackets, seeds and draws as an annual late winter ritual.

He stepped into a real mess and kept his promise of NCAA tournament in 5 years. I wish our more impatient and vocal posters on the FB forum would take note of CJP's accomplishment. But. of course, I know they won't. It would be a series of "yeah, buts.....".

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Coaches get too much credit when they win, and too much blame when they lose(not my line).
It‘s true though.

In Greensboro preparing to watch the Carolina teams battle it out for the title when Hewitt got canned, told my son Gregg Marshall and Tony Bennett would be on my short list(loved his dad, **** Bennett). Good coaches, but who would have thought Wichita St. would get in trouble much later on? You just never know how things are going to turn out? After Gregory got axed, I wanted Capel or Bryce Drew. Likened Pastner to an early Cremins hire. Wasn’t my first or second choice, although thought it would be easier since the only past we had was Coach Hyder for Bobby and we joined the toughest league at that time. My mistake was not listening to Josh say five years to the NCAA or believing in him. LaBarrie was our glue to the city....

When the rooster crows, I’ll eat.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
growing up in south Georgia for those who have to eat crow try in this way:

3 crows
1 Tbsp lard/shortening
1 pint stock or gravy
2 Tbsp cream
1/2 cup mushrooms
salt and pepper
cayenne pepper

Clean and cut crows into small portions and let them cook a short time in the lard/shortening in a saucepan, being careful not to brown them.
Next, add to the contents of the pan, the stock or gravy, and salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.
Simmer 1 hour, or until tender, add mushrooms, simmer 10 minutes more and then stir in cream.
Arrange the mushrooms around the crows on a hot platter.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Not sure I went after Pastner early on this year as much as the players but they've really evolved into a team. I thought we were done after the Duke loss.