How do we keep Singleton?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It ain't too early to get started re-recruiting this kid. He's gonna be a wanted man by the end of the season.

We've seen our young playmakers walk out the door, often to questionably better situations, quite a few times. Can we stop the steal on this one?

Last edited:

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It ain't too early to get started re-recruiting this kid. He's gonna be a wanted man by the end of the season.

We've seen our young playmakers walk out the door, often to questionably better situations, quite a few times. Can we stop the steal :)sneaky:) on this one?
This was discussed somewhere else as I shared the same concern. We lost McCollum in part bc of the chance to play with May. with king's production and their existing chemistry, there won't be many of our competitors offering the chance to play with a better QB. If he leaves, it's all about the money. We need to show him the money!

boger2337

Helluva Engineer

We've seen our young playmakers walk out the door, often to questionably better situations, quite a few times. Can we stop the steal on this one?
$500k is a starting point. Ole Miss may hang $750k-$1m in front of him. At least that's what I'm hearing.

I donated $10 for every point they scored against unc. I suggest MANY others do the same because he isn't the only one GT has to pay. Gonna need 2-3 million to be competitive. 4-5 to be consistent.

Per year.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
$500k is a starting point. Ole Miss may hang $750k-$1m in front of him. At least that's what I'm hearing.

I donated $10 for every point they scored against unc. I suggest MANY others do the same because he isn't the only one GT has to pay. Gonna need 2-3 million to be competitive. 4-5 to be consistent.

Per year.
I find it hard to believe Ole Miss has paid anywhere close to $1m for any of our players or that they are going to with Singleton. If you pay every scholarship player $50k, you are $4.25m in NIL yearly. If Singleton were to come in and be one of, say, the top 3-5 players on their team next season I could maaaybe see it, but even then I don't really think it's likely. Good receivers are a lot more readily available than big DTs or QBs, would a team really burn $1m on one WR? How much are teams really spending on NIL every year?

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I find it hard to believe Ole Miss has paid anywhere close to $1m for any of our players or that they are going to with Singleton. If you pay every scholarship player $50k, you are $4.25m in NIL yearly. If Singleton were to come in and be one of, say, the top 3-5 players on their team next season I could maaaybe see it, but even then I don't really think it's likely. Good receivers are a lot more readily available than big DTs or QBs, would a team really burn $1m on one WR? How much are teams really spending on NIL every year?
Ole Miss has one of the largest NIL banks built up in cfb for some reason

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Win 6 - 7 games and go to a bowl. If the young man is convinced he's with a winning program and he's going to get a world-class education, I think he'll stick. Of course, a little NIL money wouldn't hurt. We'll just have to see.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Because the state of Mississippi doesn’t invest in education 🤷‍♀️
Laugh So Hard Life Of The Party GIF by HULU

You win the internets today, NES.
Okay, I went to college in Mississippi, but that one made me laugh.
This you sittin with the other Mississipeans trine not to lol ...

Trying Not To Laugh GIF

Malik too.
Wait, who's that? Why am I drawing a blank?